Jigmaster HLW

Started by Shark Hunter, February 04, 2015, 07:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Alright,
I'm not trying to brag, but I think I have a first here. Sal will take all my Glory if I am mistaken. ;D
I have a new Tiburon Frame built for a Newell 344 that will work with a Jigmaster if you can find a sacred yellowfin special spool made by Newell. DaBigOno so graciously provided me with one.
Eat your Hearts Out! ;D

I grabbed the first 500 I had that was unmodified, just to make sure the fitment was correct.
Check out the underside of this frame. Pretty Cool! 8)

The FishStick Modification on the Non-Handle side. SS allen Head Screws from Mcmaster Carr. ;)

Here is how they stack up. I didn't think this would make the Jigmaster that much wider, but the proof is in the pics. 501 up front, Yellowfin special in the middle and a stock 500S Behind.

This will probably not be the donor reel for this project, I just wanted to make sure it would work, and it does! I will be going with a Black and Blue theme with the full Monty!
Alan Chui's Double dog ss Bridge, yoke and Jack, Custom 5:1 ss gears and spacing sleeve.
To be Continued.
Life is Good!

Mattman NZ

Nice frame Shark Hunter and blue's my favourite color and all the reels i own not one has anything blue on them - go figure.I like the shape of that spool too.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 04, 2015, 07:28:47 AM
Alright,
I'm not trying to brag, but I think I have a first here. Sal will take all my Glory if I am mistaken. ::)

Daron, this great site is made of many members, not just me or you.
We are trying to give the Members here the right information when they ask a question. We are not perfect and at times give the wrong answer.
All I did was correct what you said, it wasn't a big deal. I'm made mistakes before and I'm sure I will keep on making them, the member that doesn't make any is the one that never participate.
When I get corrected, I always appreciate it and say thank you, I don't give them one of these ::).
On another note, that 344 frame is awesome, looks like you have all the right connections ;)
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

DaBigOno

Looks great Shark!

I really like that BLUE , it really makes the reel pop!  I also like what Tiburon did with the bottom of the frame.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

DaBigOno

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 04, 2015, 11:00:33 AM
On another note, that 344 frame is awesome, looks like you have all the right connections ;)
Sal

I think this site give us all the right connections,  people helping out whenever they can.

Alto Mare

Quote from: DaBigOno on February 04, 2015, 11:35:57 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on February 04, 2015, 11:00:33 AM
Sal

I think this site give us all the right connections,  people helping out whenever they can.
Yep!...I'm aware ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

just need to slip your 99 jigmaster in there and you will have all the sizes!

mikeg24thst

There's is a super jigmaster measuring 3" Frame I saw it on eBay a couple years back all accurate parts

mikeg24thst

Search in this forum for super jigmaster

Shark Hunter

I'm just pulling your Leg Sal! ;D
Don't take my Humor the wrong way. You taught me everything I know, and I am forever grateful! :-*
I mean that! ;)
Life is Good!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: mikeg24thst on February 04, 2015, 01:29:36 PM
There's is a super jigmaster measuring 3" Frame I saw it on eBay a couple years back all accurate parts

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 04, 2015, 06:28:22 PM
I'm just pulling your Leg Sal! ;D
Don't take my Humor the wrong way. You taught me everything I know, and I am forever grateful! :-*
I mean that! ;)
There is never a problem here with us or anyone else ;), I was just explaining.

DaBigOno

nice Super JM Randy,

Those were really prized in Hawaii back in the early 90's

Shark Hunter

Yes that Accurate kit is a Super Wide! Its a Super wide price too! :o
My frame was $82, My only other expense is the donor reel.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut