Big Boy Gear Sleeves

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReelShop

Thank you Sal for the recommendation.. Those are some well kept 16's you got there..!!

David Hall

PayPal sent for two for the 12/0

Alto Mare

Quote from: red93crxhatch on June 21, 2015, 03:18:57 PM
Thank you Sal for the recommendation.. Those are some well kept 16's you got there..!!
I'm glad you like the sleeves, Tom is a  Master!
About my reels, I hate to disappoint you, but those are 10/0's. Still, they're very hard to get, especially in the condition they're in.
Those are spotless.
I'm glad I could help with my suggestion, good luck with those!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

crackerman

Money sent via PayPal. Thank you Tom!

Cortez_Conversions

Thanks everyone for your patience! Think I'm current with all the orders that came in.
I will do a Post Office drop on Friday(6/26) then I'm heading up to the mountains and chase Yogi around and catch some golden trout from a couple secret holes....
I'll be back after the 4th of July weekend.
Thanks!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

Just an update. You will need stainless dogs with this upgrade. I had Lee cut some more. The price has gone up to $4 each plus shipping. You can get these from Him or Me.
The brass dog will wear out quickly against that stainless ratchet.
Life is Good!

Keta

Daron has a small quantity of SS 15-116mk II and SS 15-117 dogs and I have some more.  As soon as he sells the ones he has I will be selling the ones I have and I purchased enough material to cut more.  These are costing more to cut than the smaller dogs but they don't hurt as much to finish, burnt and ground down finger tips.  I will have to sell them for $4.00 each.   All of the 15-116 dogs I have now are the longer SS 15-116mk II dogs, if anyone wants stock length dogs I can make some as needed.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

I didn't know Daron went in business....
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Daron's Distribution Services
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cortez_Conversions

Has anyone ever had a dog damaged from a Stainless sleeve? I'm all for shiny stainless steel parts, but are they really necessary?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

I haven't ran a stainless sleeve without one, so I can't answer that Tom.
That would be like running a Stainless dog on a brass sleeve.
We have them, so why not use them. I know they are heavier and make the most Heavenly Sound. :D
Sal,
I'm not going into business, I just wanted to have these available for people that bought Tom's sleeves. I will be happy to keep them.
Feel free to contact Keta if anyone wants these. I am back up.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Tom, from the 4/0 (113H )  and up, I have not seen any damaged dogs, but on smaller reels I have seen it many times.
I personally believe the stainless steel dogs are a good thing. As Daron mentioned, if we have them, why not use them.
Sal

Tightlines667

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on June 23, 2015, 03:05:30 AM
Thanks everyone for your patience! Think I'm current with all the orders that came in.
I will do a Post Office drop on Friday(6/26) then I'm heading up to the mountains and chase Yogi around and catch some golden trout from a couple secret holes....
I'll be back after the 4th of July weekend.
Thanks!

Tom,

Did you have any luck on your Yogi & trout quest?

Also, I noticed an ad up on EBay for your gear sleeves.  Dod you consider checking with Scott's to see if they would be willing to carry your product?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Cortez_Conversions

Bear, yes.
So common these days, hardly gets me up outta the chair. My buddies kids were a bit rattled, though.
I didn't get to those Golden trout, the weather was a bit dicey on the eastern side of the Sierra when I was there, they even got snow last week. Those trout are hidden away in a few high mountain streams and lakes. I have learned not to pick fights with mother nature.
I had my fill of Brookies and Rainbows to scratch that itch.

I haven't looked into Scott's. I don't do enough volume to make it worth the effort. Remember, I have a day job and this parts stuff just pays for my fishing trips...
Maybe someday!

twotone

I got another Big boy sleeve from Tom today  , but this time on an auction site. Do you have any updates on your other projects?
twotone