Which style is better

Soild
0 (0%)
2 holes
5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: March 10, 2015, 03:17:59 PM

Black Pearl

This item is available for purchasing on my online store. Limited quantity available.

This item will fit Squidder 146, Monifil 27, Surfmaster 100, 180 Baymaster and 185 Baymaster.

It comes in black and silver colors.

The price is $28.00 a set (2 pieces) + $2.60 shipping and credit card surcharge fee per item.

https://squareup.com/market/pro-challenger-llc

Alto Mare

I'm personally not a fan of one solid piece, but if that's what you guys like, I'm ok with it, I could always do something to mine.
I was thinking maybe something as this might look nice, but I'm not sure on cost

Let try to get it going, these would cover many reels. You would have options on the Baymaster, Beachmaster, Monofil, Squidder and I'm sure a few others.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

I'm in with two holes.  For if you take out a large portion of the middle you end up with pretty much two bars again. (With an acknowledged bit more side surface area).

Thanks Alan.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mike1010

Black Pearl

Quote from: mike1010 on June 04, 2015, 01:33:07 PM
Nice, Alan, but I thought the vote was for two holes.

Those are sample. We want to see if the weight will be fine without those holes. If not, we can make two holes during the mass production.

Marcq

Rancanfish

Alright, send me a couple and I'll put it together to see what it looks like.  ;D

swill88

mike1010

I've got a strong preference for the bars with two holes, as voted.  I also recognize that (1) omitting the holes might result in simpler, less expensive manufacture, and (2) more buyers might be showing up here, and they might prefer no holes.  The holes might save, what, maybe an ounce?  That's significant on these small reels.

Alan, do we need another vote, or do manufacturing simplicity and acceptably low weight rule?

--Mike

Black Pearl

Quote from: mike1010 on June 05, 2015, 01:45:43 PM
I've got a strong preference for the bars with two holes, as voted.  I also recognize that (1) omitting the holes might result in simpler, less expensive manufacture, and (2) more buyers might be showing up here, and they might prefer no holes.  The holes might save, what, maybe an ounce?  That's significant on these small reels.

Alan, do we need another vote, or do manufacturing simplicity and acceptably low weight rule?

--Mike

We can decide that after we have the testing result when we put these bars on a reel.

Black Pearl

OK, here is an updated on this project.

I sent out a set of this spacer bar to Sal for checking (http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=14550.0), and everything came back perfectly. That is a good news.

Now, here comes the bad news. After several attempt negotiation to lower the cost on this item, the supplier will not lower the cost on it (not even 10 cents lower). Therefore, the cost is so high, and I don't think that a lot of people will spend that kind of coins on this item.

The retail price will be around $31.00 a piece on this item with the curves as same as the sample set.

For a space bar without any curve (rectangle shape), the retail price will be around $28.00 a piece.

Let me know your thought, please.

Rancanfish

Just to clarify, the prices are for one, not a set, correct?

Black Pearl

Sledge

Quote from: mike1010 on June 05, 2015, 01:45:43 PM
omitting the holes might result in simpler, less expensive manufacture

I was just thinking the same, also about the divots on top and bottom.  While the divot on top is understandable for line clearance, the one on bottom can only be for symmetry/looks...and every operation increases cost.

I like the idea of having a cheap, plain-jane version that can be modified by the end user...but $28 a pop puts them out of reach for me.  Surely there's another manufacturer out there somewhere that could produce these for a much more reasonable cost?