Delrin washers...?

Started by Aiala, March 13, 2015, 04:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

I was just thinking of the system in a Newell and since we are looking at slick smoothness in the system above and below the stack the thought that I have is to cut a delrin washer the size of the heavy Newell drag spacer. I will place it between the spacer and the Belleville. It will not affect the drag stack height in a manner that would bump the side plate but may have to remove the 3-18 washer if I run out of star space. If we get the new SS stars made then this will not be an issue at all. Just Thinking!!

joel8080

Just put Delrin washers in my Pro Gear 454 & 113HN Baja and there is a differance, much bigger then I found in the Jigmasters.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

speedwagon2

What is the source for .020 delrin washers?  I have some .030 delrin washers, but the .020 would give a little more rom to work with.
  Thanks, Speedwagon2

Keta

McMaster Carr has Delrin sheets in .020.  I just gave away 4' of 6" wide sheet.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

Will any of these washer sizes Dawn has work for Fathom star drag?

Dawn

It looks like the Fathom uses 4-349 under the gear, so yes I have that one.  (Same as 113H)

Dawn
Dawn

Dawn

Another one I have:

Trinidad / Torium 16, 20, 30
Dawn

LTM

Quote from: Dawn on June 17, 2015, 06:55:48 PM
Another one I have:

Trinidad / Torium 16, 20, 30
Dawn,

Might the above Torium fit the TLD 15/30 (and 20/40)  as well?

Thanx,

Leo

Dawn

Don't think so, the center hole is smaller on the TLD.
Dawn

Aiala

Just acquired my first Delrin washers from Smoothdrag --thank you, Dawn!-- and I'm wondering, when used under the main gear, should they be greased, or is that unnecessary?   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dawn

Hi
I think we always used to, however I've emailed Sal to ask, in case there is new thinking on this.  ;D

Dawn
Dawn

Aiala

Quote from: Dawn on July 09, 2015, 06:56:01 PM
Hi, I think we always used to, however I've emailed Sal to ask, in case there is new thinking on this.  ;D
Dawn

Great, whatever Sal recommends works for me.

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dawn

He said grease is not needed, but it won't hurt.  Some will eventually end up there anyway.

Dawn
Dawn

1Forecon

Miss Flower of the desert, may I inquire as to which model Penn reel you placed Dawn's 0.050 thickness delrin washer for under the main gear? Did it make it hard to get the sideplate on(too thick)? I'm upgrading a couple reels - 501,506,99(all 500 gears, plastic side plates), 113YTS(plastic side plates) and was curious if I needed to buy a sheet of .020 as Lee suggested and some cutters or if the ones easily purchased from Dawn will suffice? Less hassle is fine with me.

Thanks,

Hank

Dawn

I know you didn't ask me... ;D, but anyway...I live in the desert too ;)
I don't have any .050 thick.  All the delrin are the same thickness as the stock washers in each reel.

Dawn
Dawn