Interest in stainless handle arms and drag stars?

Started by Three se7ens, March 24, 2015, 03:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhead69

Will you be making any in the top row design? I like those better. It looks like most people like the bottom row design. Please let me know.

Thanks Paul

Three se7ens

Ill look into the top row design, or any others after I do a few runs of the others.  There doesnt seem to be much interest in them. 

I have the first batch in my hands, and I will start shipping on Wednesday of next week.  The 2.5 and 2.75" still need to be run through the polisher.  The 3" are completely done.  I added the parts to my website, and they can be ordered through there now. 

http://motivefab.com/products-page/reels/newall-drag-stars

The 3" star on the far right of the picture is completely finished, the 2.5" and 2.75" havent been run through the polisher yet.  I just included them for a size comparision.  The finish on all of them will look like the star on the right. 

fishhead69

Very nice looking product for sure. What would be the minimum number of the top row design you need to have to consider making them? Don't get me wrong, the bottom row design is a very good liking part. Thumbs up. Better than the aluminum ones I have seen because stainless is much more durable and corrosion resistant.

Three se7ens

Quote from: fishhead69 on April 12, 2015, 04:15:18 AM
Very nice looking product for sure. What would be the minimum number of the top row design you need to have to consider making them? Don't get me wrong, the bottom row design is a very good liking part. Thumbs up. Better than the aluminum ones I have seen because stainless is much more durable and corrosion resistant.

Cutting a few pieces at a time isnt really a problem, how many are you looking for, and what size?

fishhead69

I am looking at 3 of the 2 1/2 inch and 3 of the 3 inch ones.

Thanks Paul

Reel 224

Quote from: Three se7ens on April 12, 2015, 04:08:39 AM
Ill look into the top row design, or any others after I do a few runs of the others.  There doesnt seem to be much interest in them. 

I have the first batch in my hands, and I will start shipping on Wednesday of next week.  The 2.5 and 2.75" still need to be run through the polisher.  The 3" are completely done.  I added the parts to my website, and they can be ordered through there now. 

http://motivefab.com/products-page/reels/newall-drag-stars

The 3" star on the far right of the picture is completely finished, the 2.5" and 2.75" havent been run through the polisher yet.  I just included them for a size comparision.  The finish on all of them will look like the star on the right. 

I sent a PM to you earlier today stating that i would be interested in the earlier crank arm with the curve to it and the 2.5" star I'm not seeing the crank arms or handles there.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Three se7ens

All orders have been shipped out, and this whole batch is spoken for.  Im putting in an order for another batch next week.  

bluefish69

Adam

Your having a little site problem. When I get in it closes me out. I would like the 4 - 2 1/2" Stars. I can send a PM if you would like.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Three se7ens

Quote from: bluefish69 on April 20, 2015, 02:38:57 AM
Adam

Your having a little site problem. When I get in it closes me out. I would like the 4 - 2 1/2" Stars. I can send a PM if you would like.

Mike

Thats odd, its being weird for me too.  Ill look into it. 

day0ne

Quote from: Three se7ens on April 20, 2015, 02:43:50 AM

Thats odd, its being weird for me too.  Ill look into it. 

The other night it wouldn't let me order but 1 handle for a 113H. Tried to order 2 multiple times and it would kick the order out. One would go alright.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

bluefish69

I got 2 last night but we used PM to get ur done

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Three se7ens

It has come to my attention that the stars are hitting the side plate before full drag is reached, so I will be sending out a washer to go under the star to everyone who has already ordered a star, and will be including the washer with the stars from now on.

Three se7ens

I have all the spacer washers in stock now, and Ill be sending them out in the next few days to anyone who ordered drag stars from the first batch.  It will include a keyed stainless washer and a round delrin washer. 

Also, I have the newell stars back in stock now, along with some new designs.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=14344.0

Frank

Do you have any more Newell counterbalanced handles?
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

codisking

Hey,

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if there is any of this stuff left. I am trying to upgrade a 344 and am trying to get a hold of all of the quality parts I can find. Let me know here or you can send me a private message.

Thanks