113 hn baja special

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 04:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amihan

>:( Same here. I can not get the pictures in this tutorial.
Thanks

alantani

the web guy is still transferring photos from the old server to the new one. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BonitaBch

Today I received a 6/0 Kolekar grip and new handle arm to go with the Baja Special that I picked up on Alan's recommedation.  The grip is comfortable and the handle arm is just awesome, a clear upgrade over the stock one that came with reel.  I'm waiting for the day I can try it out on some of the Gulf bottom fishes that we go after.

Thanks Alan, and thanks to everyone who posts on this board to make it the success that it is.

Bonita Beach, FL

CooldadE

Are these reels still in production and available ?
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Dominick

Quote from: CooldadE on February 23, 2012, 04:46:24 AM
Yes: I bought mine through Charkbait.  Search around for a good price.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on February 23, 2012, 04:51:52 AM
Quote from: CooldadE on February 23, 2012, 04:46:24 AM
Yes: I bought mine through Charkbait.  Search around for a good price.  Dominick
X2 - Haven't seen a better price than Charkbait, but it's worth looking. Good luck.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Brendan

Are they still made in the USA? And if not what year was the last in the states?
Thanks, Brendan.

BonitaBch

The Baja Special is a very solid reel, and made in the USA.
Bonita Beach, FL

Makule

In theory, the 113HN should have better free spool than a 113HL because the spool rides on an independent bearing (independent of the pinion gear).  Is this, in fact, true?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bryan Young

Makule, the free spool is awesome on this reel.  After servicing one, I wanted to buy one...but knowing me, It'll be bird's nest on the first outing...and a bad one.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

the disengaging spool is pretty awesome!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Yes, I did hear that the free spool was amazing on those reels, but, you can't brake it if you don't have it ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brendan

After working on a spinning reel, professional overruns are way more easy to deal with than servicing spinning reels. I'm not saying I'm just saying. Brendan.

Makule

So if the spools spins that much faster, I guess the problem would be overrun while casting.  If this is the case, then how about using magnets to control to spin?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

I personally don't believe that the 113 Baja special is stronger than the 113H Tank :-\.
I don't think that the floating spool system would last long with thet type of fishing that you do.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.