Displays, Cabinets, Plinths & Such

Started by Tightlines667, July 08, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soren Bredberg

bluefish69

Quote from: privateone on March 04, 2017, 10:38:15 AM
I need a bigger wallet!

Even when you have a BIGGER WALLET people say they will make things & never come through. In my case it's going on 2 years.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Quote from: bluefish69 on March 04, 2017, 05:13:58 PM
Quote from: privateone on March 04, 2017, 10:38:15 AM
I need a bigger wallet!

Even when you have a BIGGER WALLET people say they will make things & never come through. In my case it's going on 2 years.

Mike
What are you looking for Mike?

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

The wife was at the Habitat for Humanity resale store, called "Re-Store" where donated construction supplies and furniture is sold and said I "needed a bigger cabinet for my stuff".  Not one to argue, she bought this cabinet for me.  Came in two pieces, upper and lower cabinet...just missing a piece of glass....Wanting to add a little color to it, I found a yellow hanger, cut off the hook part and using cup hooks, now have a place to display some lures.....Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

I like it! The Mrs. done good Bill.

Cool Beans,  ..  Lou

bhale1

Bill,
That looks awesome! Only thing now is trying to explain why you need another one! With that collection it's starting to look full😀
Brett

thorhammer

foakes

Best part is your wife supporting the love of your hobby, Bill...

Nice cabinet!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

I like it.

Nice group of reels there.  Funny how they appear somehow more significant when grouped together and displayed.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

steelfish

mine was missing in this thread.

my lovely wife "want me" to have all my fishing thingies on a same place, either way its a nice gift from her to my hobby, now she proudly show all my rods to any visitor and my reels, etc

more pictures here   http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21925.0
The Baja Guy

Bill B

Thanks guys....I fugure with that crowd of reels, might be able to sneak a couple more in there with out her noticing  ::)

Alex thats a top notch cabinet...looks like a custom build....Like it brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

steelfish

Quote from: TARFU on August 24, 2017, 12:45:45 AM
Alex thats a top notch cabinet...looks like a custom build....Like it brother....Bill

yep, it was custom made on an space on the house that was suposed to be for left for a hidden small room for utility & cleaning tools, but lovely wife changed plans and ordered that for my fishing mess I mean my fishing gear.

I was going to use two of top shelfs to show off my personal reels but my reel & rod repair tools/accesories ended up taking a lot of space on the cabinet (I dont have a man cave...... yet), so my personal reels went to the drawer inside their bags, not much to show off like that but since they are working reels not shelf queens its ok

The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Nice cabinet Bill, but looks as you're already running out of room ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Sal, I think it's time for an updated photo of your collection; and Mike C's sweet cave as well if he reads this!

I think Fred's and Ted's would require a documentary crew on Discovery. "Reel Week"....and I'm CERTAIN there are some sandbagging on here what ain't showing...lol