Displays, Cabinets, Plinths & Such

Started by Tightlines667, July 08, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

Daddy may have to sell some of his fishing tackle :'( :D

broadway

Aiala, hI'm sure mommy will step up in the summer... if I do in the winter. ;)

Ted, I used to do the same thing with showing my wife other members collections, but it got to the point where she says, "You have more than those guys you used to show me on the reel website." LOL (true story)
Also, the drool station, AKA coffee can is now mounted to the side. ;D

Tiddler, not funny, dude. >:( ;)

I showed my pal, Steve, your comments.  He was blown away by your nice words and had a smile on his face the whole time. Thanks guys/ gals! He also told me to tell Fred that the inlay is 3/4" so if I screw it up he can sand it for the next 200 years. ;D I thought he was kidding about the 3/4" inlay, but he's serious.  He works at Arizona Iced Tea and has all the top of the line tools and materials so his xyz CNC took care of that part.

Lastly, I know ya'll don't store your reels in the kitchen cabinets like I did for 5 years so let's see the displays. It's not the size of the display... it's how it flows with the house. ;)
Thanks
Dom

Shark Hunter

Dom,
I'm working like a Dog, but soon I will pull out all the stops and show how big my Collection has become.
Not trying to outdo anyone, just to show your bride. ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

Big D,
   I look forward to seeing your mammoth collection. We've watched you grow into a "mad dog" reel tinkerer ...now we get to see all of your patients, doctor😉
It's time to bust out the big boys,
Dom

coastal_dan

Figure I'll keep this going since it is possibly my favorite thread on AT.com...no idea why but I've read through it a few times already, haha!

This is a new acquaintance of mine, he isn't on the site but he did post this before on the internet, so Bob if you see this and want it taken down let me know  ;D

This one was a listing on a FB for the bent butt combo's being sold, I saved the photo because I thought it was an awesome set up, ha.

These were snapshots on my phone, hence the background.  Enjoy.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broadway

That's a beautiful presentation and the lighting sets it off. Bob, should be honored to have his display on this forum.  ;D He should be even happier to have that display in his home. Thanks for sharing,
Dom

coastal_dan

Another from an acquaintance...Scott has some really nice stuff...

And who wouldn't want a Jaws themed kitchen? Notice the piece above the fridge  ;D

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Aiala

I'm going to need a bigger cabinet...   ::) 

Like, MUCH bigger.   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Jerseymic

You Guys and Girls are lucky to have room for a cabinet, I need a bigger house!!

Tiddlerbasher

I just need a bigger wallet - I'm sure everything else will be fine :D ;D

Tightlines667

Dan,
I love your friend's setup there.  Which 'Jaws' movie version is that rod and reel combo from?  The rod looks to have Mildrum guides.  Like the cabinet display as well.  Looks like he has got plenty of early Penn boxes.  I am sure he has been working at that collection for quiet dome time.

Aiala,
That is a stunning display you've got there.  I especially like the recent green side plate narrow build, and the purple/silver combo.  Looks like you have 2 narrow reels there too.  Are those 349HC reels?

These are great!  Keep 'me coming guys and gals.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Aiala

Quote from: Tightlines666 on September 01, 2015, 09:04:45 PM
Aiala,
That is a stunning display you've got there. I especially like the recent green side plate narrow build, and the purple/silver combo. Looks like you have 2 narrow reels there too. Are those 349HC reels?

Thanks! The bottom narrow reel next to the green Monofil is just a stock 49. (The original metal spool --which I replaced with an aluminum one-- is presently on its way across the ocean to Jerseymic.) The reel above it w/red plates is a 349 with a black non-numbered Tiburon frame (and spool I think); near as I can figure, a sort of "Wahoo Special" kit that's gone extinct.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

foakes

Looks like someone's favorite color is -- Ande!

Nice display of quality reels, Aiala

Best,

Fred

Quote from: Aiala on September 01, 2015, 06:08:58 PM
I'm going to need a bigger cabinet...   ::) 

Like, MUCH bigger.   ;D

~A~
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.