Rain bait Stripers!

Started by STRIPER LOU, July 14, 2015, 09:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Quote from: Doug on July 15, 2015, 05:28:48 PM
I have had my best results fishing stripers at night using live ells /worms and early in the season clams. I gave up blue fishing  years ago after a serious hand infection from cleaning them bare handed. If I run into them I switch to a barbless hook to shake them off boat side

Doug: you said the magic formula Night worm, or eel that is a great combination in the fall here.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

broadway

Hey Lou,
  I was out today jigging blues (not one striper) with small ava jigs because there were acres and acres of rain fish off the Breezy Point jetty.  Thanks for sending us the bait, now I just gotta find some stripers eating them.
Hope it's still going strong for ya,
Dom

Reel 224

Quote from: broadway on July 17, 2015, 03:16:14 AM
Hey Lou,
  I was out today jigging blues (not one striper) with small ava jigs because there were acres and acres of rain fish off the Breezy Point jetty.  Thanks for sending us the bait, now I just gotta find some stripers eating them.
Hope it's still going strong for ya,
Dom

Dom: are you fishing the Hudson? You may want to try sand worm at night rigged with a double hook bottom rig high low and 5oz weight to hold bottom, try worm and bunker chunks. That's what has worked here in the sandy hook bay. Those AVA jigs are great Blue Fish targets so if there are Bass in the area and Blues....well as you probably know already the Blues will have it.   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."