Yamaha Grease

Started by GuyA, January 05, 2011, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I didn't use a emptied cardboard tube either.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

coastalobsession

I found a great way to store the yamaha marine grease. It is a small plastic thermos that i picked up a wallmart for around 3 dollars if i am not mistaking. It has a screw on lid. I just use a paint brush like most people to apply the grease. (l need to find a grease gun). By the way I love the grease more and more every time I apply it.
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

tacoma09

where can i purchase this amazing grease from?  Hawaii, Kauai?

alantani

lots of places online.  just google it.  if you have trouble, let me know and i can send you some.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Try calling Windward Marine on Oahu.  They should have some since they are Hawaii's authorized Yamaha dealer.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastalobsession

Alan- for some reason my Yamaha grease is lighter in color than yours and dosnt look as tacky....?

alantani

yeah, the new stuff they have is a lighter color blue.  i dunno.  i'm going use it just like i would the darker colored stuff.  i don't think it will make a difference.  i think we just have to trust that the engineers at yamaha are not out to screw us over.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coastalobsession

Thanks. Do you know how to get it to be a little more tackyer??

Bryan Young

If you want it tackier, I'd recommend the Evinrude's Triple Guard and add CorrosionX to thin out to the consistency you need.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

tacoma09

this grease is great,  Thanks to Alan. I use it on any inside surface of any reel.

wong2a9

Check out boats.net.  I bought the 14oz tube for ~$7 shipped.  I think thats fairly cheap

Bruce

Hello    Back in the days before grease cartridges we just stuffed the end of the grease gun into the five gallon pail of grease (pump head removed of course) and pulled back the piston locked it and screwed the head back on.
  An open 14 oz. tube can be packed into the 3 oz. gun with a small spatula. As the tube is emptied the excess cardboard can be cut of with a razor knife.
                                    Buzz
Buzz

ShoreKasterHI

Quote from: wong2a9 on April 16, 2012, 07:40:35 AM
Check out boats.net.  I bought the 14oz tube for ~$7 shipped.  I think thats fairly cheap

I just ordered some the other day but my order got canceled and refunded from them, they said that there was none available. Anyone know where else i can order some online thats ships to hawaii+usps? Checked out a few of the others but its only ups and shipping is like $50+ :o

P.S also looking for tsi but not in a rush to get some

Nuvole

Quote from: ShoreKasterHI on April 18, 2012, 06:40:37 AM
Quote from: wong2a9 on April 16, 2012, 07:40:35 AM
Check out boats.net.  I bought the 14oz tube for ~$7 shipped.  I think thats fairly cheap

I just ordered some the other day but my order got canceled and refunded from them, they said that there was none available. Anyone know where else i can order some online thats ships to hawaii+usps? Checked out a few of the others but its only ups and shipping is like $50+ :o

P.S also looking for tsi but not in a rush to get some

Why not check out some marine supply store over your side of the pond.

Bryan Young

Brian, try Windward Marine.  They are an authorized Yamaha dealer on Oahu.  If not, let me know.  I could swing by our local Yamaha dealer to pick some up.  Bryan