Yamaha Grease

Started by GuyA, January 05, 2011, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni L

Is this marine grease? it´s the only yamaha grease I can find. The color is yellowish...

alantani

not sure.  it is certainly not the same stuff i use.  doesn't mean it won't work. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

elnath

but it was a first for me.  10oz Yamaha Marine grease in a squeeze tube.

Looks like the right stuff...any ideas?

Bryan Young

Looks like the stuff we use.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RWS

I like the Yamaha Multipurpose Grease, I sevice reels for fresh water only so I use the Multipurpose Grease, it is draker then the Yamaha Marnie Grease and it is thicker. The Marine grease is softer and I'm sure it has more Anti-Corrosive protection then the Multipurpose Grease. Both will mix well with Corrosin X. The Multi/Grease I can get in a 16oz plastic tube for around $5.00 - $6.00 the Mar/Grease I can only get it in a 14oz long tube for about $6.00 - $7.00.

alantani

either one should be fine. 

willybendit

Hi All   ive just been looking for the YAM Blue  marine grease does anyone have a part number my local marine engineers gave me theses numbers ( YMD-69010-OT-A2) & lithium/calcium (69010-OC-01) (Ques ) i did ask if it was blue ( ANS  )  who know`s and if we take the top off and its not how can we sell it ? when its as been opened  regards Alain

Harry

Think i finally found this magic grease after a year or so of looking , well i hope so anyway :D !Even though this is a red /moorone in colour it seems more chunky and tacky, time will tell i guess .Greased up a 114 and 113h , i will service these reels in a years time and see what the grease looks like. $12 for 16 oz and in a tub .Hopefully its the right Yamaha grease.

I did use a SHELL brand Nautalis Marine Grease  prevously but didnt like it much, even though it was dark blue in colour , it seemed a littlt too runny and turned black  after use quickly ,NO GOOD imo.

Heres some pics,Hope Alan approves :)

coastalobsession

I like the yamaha gease but over time it changes green.
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

Alto Mare

I've been using red valvoline and power steering fluid , mixed 2 to 1 ratio and I like it so far. I got the idea from a young man that has been using it for over 50 years, he wouldn't put anything else in his reels and the reels  that he works on for others.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

you know, it must be my age.  i really don't handle change very well.....  :-\

Nuvole

Quote from: GuyA on January 05, 2011, 10:00:28 PM
Alan, just wanted to give you this site. 

I think this is the correct yamaha grease in 3oz and the large tubes.  I use this site to order all my Yamaha outboard engine site.  They will ship you as much stuff as you can buy for 9.99.  My last order was 70lbs for 9.99.  Not sure how they do that but its a great deal for outboard stuff if you've got a Yamaha and seems to be a good source for buying your grease. 

http://www.simyamaha.com/category_s/1981.htm

Note that they won't ship grease overseas.

tyrtok

does anyone know where can I purchase the grease and ship it over to singapore?

ountida

can I used cal grease to lubricate the base plate instead of using yamaha blue grease?  Will this pose a problem to the performance of the reel?

Cone

The Cal's grease will be fine. Cal's costs more than the Yamaha grease. Cost is a major factor if you service as many reels a year as Alan and others on this site.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD