Yamaha Grease

Started by GuyA, January 05, 2011, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nia573

Is there anywhere in the uk that I can buy the Yamaha Marine blue grease?? They dont seem to supply it here & the order I put through to boats.net has been refunded as they say they wont ship to the UK - yet other UK members here have had their orders received ok??

Would any members be willing to ship a small cartridge for a small fee? ;)
Thanks
Mike

Irish Jigger

PM UK Ron,a member here who may be able to advise you re ordering this grease from the US.

nia573

Thanks Irish Jigger - Ill drop him a message :)

Nuvole

Quote from: tyrtok on September 28, 2012, 02:41:21 AM
does anyone know where can I purchase the grease and ship it over to singapore?

I've or
Quote from: tyrtok on September 28, 2012, 02:41:21 AM
does anyone know where can I purchase the grease and ship it over to singapore?

After several attempts to get direct shipment from overseas and have failed, I've now two tube going to my Vpost forwarding service. Shipping cost is many times the price of the grease, and hopefully they will reach me somehow.
If all goes well, I'm happy to sent you some.

alantani

all i have are the big 14 ounce tubes that cost me $8.  i can bag them up and ship them anywhere in the world that the post office goes. it's just a matter of getting the right size box.  figure shipping is going to be $1 per ounce or more.  you would end up paying nearly $25 for this, when any other marine outboard engine grease might perform just as well. the trick is to get a grease intended for marine engines, not fresh water. 

the flip side is that the blue yamaha marine grease really is nice stuff to work with. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RowdyW

I found the yamalube at Riva Yamaha on Dixie Hwy. in Pompano Beach, Fl. The price is very proud though, $11.00 + sales tax. It is a motorcycle & boat dealer. They have it available in a 10 oz. sqeeze tube or the 14 oz. tube for the guns. I didn't ask what they would charge for shipping though. Its the one with the orange stripe on the tubes & is marked MARINE GREASE & the grease is blue. I hope that helps anyone in southeast Florida or anywhere else.       Rudy :D :D :D

Westii

I just ordered a 14 oz. cartridge from Boats.net for $7.47 including shipping.

RowdyW

I checked them 2 days ago & they were sold out.

Westii

Quote from: RowdyW on November 11, 2012, 02:57:52 AM
I checked them 2 days ago & they were sold out.

I ordered yesterday afternoon.

Alto Mare

Just now I ordered one for $7.47....thanks for reminding me ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

What happened to your mixture of red  Valvoline & p s oil? ???

Alto Mare

I'll never give that up, it's working great for me. I use the 50/50 mixture of power steering fluid and red valvoline  for all of my spinners. Yamaha is for heavier reels. I thought Yamaha turned brown, after further inspection I realized that I never cleaned the old grease all the way on one of my reels.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nuvole

Quote from: alantani on November 09, 2012, 05:26:47 PM
all i have are the big 14 ounce tubes that cost me $8.  i can bag them up and ship them anywhere in the world that the post office goes. it's just a matter of getting the right size box.  figure shipping is going to be $1 per ounce or more.  you would end up paying nearly $25 for this, when any other marine outboard engine grease might perform just as well. the trick is to get a grease intended for marine engines, not fresh water.  

the flip side is that the blue yamaha marine grease really is nice stuff to work with.  

I only manage to find Quicksilver's marine grease over my side of the pond, its super tacky and smell very strong.

FYI those from my side of the pond.

2 X Yamalube-Marine Grease 14oz = US$15.20
S/H to Vpost USA --------------- = US$17.70
S/H Vpost USA to Singapore------ = US$18.33(S$22.50)

Cost per 14oz canister = US$25.6 .... which is more than 3 times the value to the grease itself ;-(
But then 28oz of grease will last me for years... so while I may sounds a little bit crazy buying them, I'm nothing as compared to those twinkies buyer at ebay lol.

UKChris

I've looked on line and ordered a tube of Yamalube marine water-resistant grease from a UK supplier - Marinetech-Yamaha - not cheap at £14 including postage, but 400g will go a long way.

Found them via ebay and double-checked that this was the right grease as they sell lots of other Yamaha lubricants.

I hope it is blue when it turns up!

Chris

Update today - the grease has just arrived. Yamalube Lical water resistant for outboards, sterndrives and water vehicles - but it's a boring brown! Is this the right stuff?

alantani

Quote from: Nuvole on November 18, 2012, 03:27:48 PM

Cost per 14oz canister = US$25.6 .... which is more than 3 times the value to the grease itself ;-(
But then 28oz of grease will last me for years... so while I may sounds a little bit crazy buying them, I'm nothing as compared to those twinkies buyer at ebay lol.

thank you for my chuckle for the day!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!