Tiburon Frames for Penn

Started by Bryan Young, January 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

I love those narrow 6/0s...but the conversion kit is quite expensive.  I think the kit is at least $200
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 30, 2015, 04:55:46 PM
I would only go topless on a narrow 6/0.

I would NEVER go topless...!  :o   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Aiala on January 30, 2015, 05:00:20 PM

~A~
:D :D...never say never ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MarkT

Quote from: Aiala on January 30, 2015, 05:00:20 PM

~A~

Really, bathing must be 'challenging' at your home!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

MarkT

Yes, it's not an issue for me as I only use it for trolling.  The frame is stronger/stiffer with the top bar and given that I have it dangling from trolling straps, that's a good thing.  But still, I'd probably rather have it topless... guys like topless!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Alto Mare

Quote from: MarkT on January 30, 2015, 06:26:24 PM

Yes, it's not an issue for me as I only use it for trolling.  The frame is stronger/stiffer with the top bar and given that I have it dangling from trolling straps, that's a good thing.  But still, I'd probably rather have it topless... guys like topless!
Tiburon realized that it's not a good idea on their wide frames to go topless.
Topless at times will get you in trouble...and I mean both ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

RowdyW

Ballsie1

Does changing out a 6/0 standard for a narrow topless and spool kit reduce the weight by much.
Or Am I better just using for a 4/0 and making it topless
. Thanks

BMITCH

Quote from: Ballsie1 on February 04, 2015, 10:20:41 AM
Does changing out a 6/0 standard for a narrow topless and spool kit reduce the weight by much.
Or Am I better just using for a 4/0 and making it topless
. Thanks

It's all about line capacity and application. Lots of folks like the narrows for jigging and such. If that's your intention then I would narrow it up. Either the 4/0 or the 6/0 narrow is a killer reel!! If line capacity is the issue then narrow is not the way to go.IMO.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

alantani

by the time we get down to a narrowed frame and spool, we are far past practical, reasonable or logical.  a basic 6/0 will work just fine.  a narrowed 6/0 becomes a personal statement.  it basically says that your could have purchased a two speed reel, but you would rather be the only guy on the boat with a narrow 6/0!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on February 05, 2015, 10:45:16 AM
by the time we get down to a narrowed frame and spool, we are far past practical, reasonable or logical.  a basic 6/0 will work just fine.  a narrowed 6/0 becomes a personal statement.  it basically says that your could have purchased a two speed reel, but you would rather be the only guy on the boat with a narrow 6/0!  ;D

Why would we need any 2 speeds Alan. You bring a big bag of reels for us to use  ::) ::) ::) Never mind I see your point  ;D

TechTeach

Does the T60 use the stock spool, does it come with the reel clamp?

If it does I might buy 2 if still available.

One for a 114H and the other a 114HL.

Let me know.
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

alantani

it won't be until next week when i'll be able to take a look.  got a brutal stretch of work coming up this week. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Three se7ens

Quote from: alantani on February 14, 2015, 11:35:53 PM
it won't be until next week when i'll be able to take a look.  got a brutal stretch of work coming up this week. 

I'm interested in what you have available for the 113H as well.  No rush though