Tiburon Frames for Penn

Started by Bryan Young, January 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Hold on to it for me Alan. I prefer Silver, but I'll take what you have. They are going for $142.00 everywhere else. Sal's Tank virus is spreading like wildfire! Do you want me to go ahead and send a check? I need a ss sleeve for a 113h too while were at it.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Thank You Alan!
for the great deal on the Tank kit and ss sleeve. Your check is on the way my friend.
Life is Good!

shellbank99

Alan,
Do you have any more T4NK kits left I think I am going to put another one together?
Respectfully,
Troy

alantani

all out.  i bought a couple of thousand dollars worth of frames a few years ago at a little discount, but that discount was eaten up when tax and shipping were added.  i could order a kit for you, but there would be almost no savings by the time tax and shipping were added back in.  one of the disadvantages of not having a business license.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

shellbank99

No worries Alan,
I will hold off till I can get one off ebay. They are great little outfits, I have 2 already. If u had to recommend a 2 speed reel with 35 pounds of drag that could be used for grouper, snapper, and jigging what would u go with. I like narrow frame reels due to long days and using heavy baits.
Troy

alantani

for 500 yards of 80# spectra or 400 yards of 100#, i'd go with the penn international 12 vsx.  it's one of my favorites. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

DaBigOno

Man, these frames are getting harder to find in red.   just paid $90 just for a red Tiburon frame (T4N) for a Penn 113H 4/0 off EBay.   Yikes!  Had to do it cause I was spending more in gas driving around town from tackle store to tackle store.

If anybody sees a red standard frame for a 114H, please let me know.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

rjones

charkbait has them listed on their web site for $94
Rob

DaBigOno

Thanks for the info, but I've been there done that.  Charkbait only has the T60NK in red.   No standard width T60 frames in red.  I called Tiburon and they don't plan on doing a batch in red for awhile, so I've been checking out the stocks of the local shops. I already have a 114H narrowed in red already.   I wanted to keep the other 6/0 in the standard width.  I think I saw some red wide frames for the 6/0 (T60W) at Charkbait.  It seems there is a shortage of red ones because Sal's TANK virus is very contagious.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Sam

Do you have a silver p20 left please?

broschro

Quote from: Sam on October 28, 2013, 12:40:16 PM
Do you have a silver p20 left please?
look on page one of this post. p20 is for the jigmaster and it looks like some r RTG.

Newell Nut

Check with Gregg Chow at chowderpuff7@yahoo.com. He carries both Newell and Penn Tiburon Frames.

Sam

Newell nut, tryed greg chow but he wont ship to Australia.
Cheers

Shark Hunter

No offense Dwight, But Chowderpuff seems a little pricey to me.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Have you tried Charkbait? The other option is to watch ebay until something comes along. Ebay is funny at times. I watched for 6 months for a 540 3.2 and then there was several listed. Same thing with 3.6 gears lately. Long dry spell and then a bunch show up.