My Grandpa's 90th Birthday

Started by Shark Hunter, October 28, 2015, 04:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Happy birthday grandpa.  I'm glad to see him in good health.  Please thank him for his service from me also.  I think it is important that all vets know their service is appreciated.  Great shirt Daron.  I guess you don't know that if you wear a Godfather shirt on your grandfather's 90th birthday you have to send a Penn Senator to all the Italians on this site.  I PM'ed you my address.  ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Happy Birthday to your gramps Daron!
My dad would have been 97 this year and was busy in that war as well.
Thanks for the reminder.
Steve

bluefish69

Daron

Happy Birthday to your Gramps. I'm happy that he made it back. My Dad would have been over 100 Yrs. Old now. No he didn't go over, he worked in the Brooklyn Navy Yard building & repairing the ships.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Thanks everyone for congratulating my Grand Dad. He doesn't talk about it much anymore, but I remember many of his stories. They were bone chilling. They gave for all of us.
I think the hardest part for him now is watching all his friends go to the other side. There are not many WW2 Vets left.
Life is Good!

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

GregE

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 30, 2015, 02:06:51 AM
I think the hardest part for him now is watching all his friends go to the other side. There are not many WW2 Vets left.

Very true.  Veteran's Day is Nov 11 celebrated on Sat Nov 7 here, Monday 9th other places.  

No matter which, seek out a Veteran, especially those of WW2, and THANK Them!!

It shouldn't be once a year...........

Greg

Maxed Out

Daron, my hat's off to your gramps and all the brave men and women that fought beside him, many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice.

Tell your gramps thank you so much for his service to our country and all the others from his generation that will never be forgotten. God bless them all.

BTW, Happy Birthday Grampa !!!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Big Tim

Late to the party ... But Happy Birthday and thank for your service ... Great pic's Daron

BT

Shark Hunter

Grandpa is still doing fine.
Celebrated his 92nd this past Sunday.
It was like a family Reunion. Good Times. ;D

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Happy Birthday again.  You are all looking good.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

The greatest generation --

Not only the soldiers, sailors, and airmen -- but the civilians back stateside, who manufactured, riveted, rationed, sacrificed, and supported the efforts against freedom and evil.

We owe them everything...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelfish

congrats to your Grandpa 92nd BD

The Baja Guy

Tiddlerbasher

Jerseymic