Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

You're right Alan, the yardage capacity seems odd.....we will figure this out one way or another.

Thanks again for posting and hope you're enjoying summer south of the equator !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

400yds 30lb mono is more than fits on 112 chrome spool, and 50yds less than a 113H...no way that all gets on a jiggy, even on a small arbor SS spool. UNLESS its an VOT Super Jiggy from Randy. then maybe.

Maxed Out

You're right on John

The 112 is also larger diameter spool than the jigmaster and the 112 metal spool will obviously have more capacity than a jigmaster spool

Ted

1badf350

Quote from: 1badf350 on October 19, 2018, 10:31:23 PM
Im going out on a limb and assuming this was a good deal at $30 shipped?

Two of these in two weeks aint bad. This one is not at clean as the other but it was $29 shipped LOL

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Darin Crofton

that one is on my hit list, they're puuurty, great find!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

bhale1

Love the color combo, those "carrot" handle knobs are cool ;D
Brett

Maxed Out

Killer deal Chris

These are the reels you show to your wife to remind her that collecting old Penns isn't a waste of money. Make sure to let her know that you could triple your money in a heartbeat if you decided to sell it

1badf350

Thanks guys!
This early 6/0 just got off the mail truck. Im not sure what year, pre-war I think, but I love the handle.

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Maxed Out

Others may not agree, but I'd say pre war....coin edge cb, drilled arbor are both from that era and 6/0 ain't an easy find as far as pre war Penns go....nice one Chris

thorhammer

I just made up my mind to go buy all the NIB Penn V's I can get and sit on them til I retire. Chris, John, Mike, and Deepfins have cornered the "interesting to Thorhammer to own old stuff" market.

PS I got that same green 109 on a rod for $20 at a flea mkt-HA!

Gents, in all seriousness, please keep the pics rolling-it's pretty attainable if one is willing to spend some cash and learn to build a hot rod- but this stuff you folks are doing here lately what with historical provenance is awesome... you have to be positioned to be in the way of it, with a healthy dose of luck...

Darin Crofton

Quote from: thorhammer on November 03, 2018, 03:53:45 AM
I just made up my mind to go buy all the NIB Penn V's I can get and sit on them til I retire. Chris, John, Mike, and Deepfins have cornered the "interesting to Thorhammer to own old stuff" market.

PS I got that same green 109 on a rod for $20 at a flea mkt-HA!

Gents, in all seriousness, please keep the pics rolling-it's pretty attainable if one is willing to spend some cash and learn to build a hot rod- but this stuff you folks are doing here lately what with historical provenance is awesome... you have to be positioned to be in the way of it, with a healthy dose of luck...
The knowledge here is amazing, I'm learning great stuff here everyday!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Tightlines667

Quote from: 1badf350 on November 02, 2018, 09:37:46 PM
Thanks guys!
This early 6/0 just got off the mail truck. Im not sure what year, pre-war I think, but I love the handle.

That handle is awesome!

:o :o :o
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Fishy247

I just saw a couple of those green Penn 109's on the auction site listing for $150....not in nearly as good of shape as these!

Benni3

My dad got this for me at a yard sale $5 with cat fish rod :D just like to know about what year ;D

1badf350

-Chris