Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

1badf350

It is basically new. Sat in a guys attic forever in the box, or so I am told.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

milne

That's a great find Chris,
Your on a roll lately, well done

Col

Bill B

For my Christmas present the boss said I could buy a reel, thinking for a minute Randy Pauly came to mind, initially looking for a 1/0 or 3/0, Randy sold me on a non-numbered 10/0. Gotta say he is one heck of a salesman  ;). I can't say enough good things about him, class act all the way.  Shipping was faster than ever, especially considering the holiday season.  The reel was all he promised, not looking for a mint condition reel, but something that will fit in with my other non-numbered Senators.  This is a second generation, coin edged counter balanced handle with a three piece spool.  And this didn't have one of those darn rockcod handles  ;D. Thank you Randy!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Penn Chronology

QuoteIt is basically new. Sat in a guys attic forever in the box, or so I am told.

That is a fantastic find. The 707 is a tough find in any condition! It was made from 1975 to 1977 and sold in limited numbers in those few years. Beautiful reel!

QuoteFor my Christmas present the boss said I could buy a reel, thinking for a minute Randy Pauly came to mind, initially looking for a 1/0 or 3/0, Randy sold me on a non-numbered 10/0. Gotta say he is one heck of a salesman  Wink. I can't say enough good things about him, class act all the way.  Shipping was faster than ever, especially considering the holiday season.  The reel was all he promised, not looking for a mint condition reel, but something that will fit in with my other non-numbered Senators.  This is a second generation, coin edged counter balanced handle with a three piece spool.  And this didn't have one of those darn rockcod handles  Grin. Thank you Randy!  Bill

Randy Pauly is kind of amazing. Where else are you going to go on the planet and ask for a 1940's / 1950's Penn Senator 116A---10/0 with original parts and a certain patina. Only one guy can satisfy those wants at a moments notice and get it shipped out to you in time for a holiday. Great reel!

CooldadE

http://alantani.com/gallery/26/1816_31_12_18_4_56_08.jpeg
I found these on local craigslist. A Jigmaster and a 149 . Both reels for $15...
The Jigmaster looks very sad on the exterior but when cracked open it was pristine inside.
The 149 was much better on the exterior, haven't looked in side yet...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

AC49

Happy 2019 to all !!
This just in from an epic road trip but very happy with the finds.
Here are just some .... all from 1 owner so I presume all original and correct but stranger things have happened ....

*Penn 49A
Deep Sea reel - Very good condition
Green 2 piece box – I have been told from about 1953 – 1959 ??
49A Super Mariner $22 (I cannot find a 49A USD$ price reference)
Boxed spare spool

**Penn 140 Squidder
Red sideplates
Green 2 piece box $25 - $25 price from 1950-61  (2 piece boxes from 1953 – 1959 ??)
Boxed spare spool

***Penn 500 Jigmaster
Green swirl handle
Boxed (not 500A)
Boxed spare spool

Regards AC49

1badf350

Oh man that 1957-59 49A box has me at a loss for words!  :o :o :o
-Chris

AC49

Quote from: 1badf350 on January 01, 2019, 01:10:04 PM
Oh man that 1957-59 49A box has me at a loss for words!  :o :o :o

Thanks Chris haven't ever seen one of them and in such good condition.
Please share how you managed to age the box to 1957-59.

Regards
AC49

1badf350

According to Mike's book thats when the boat fishing scene existed on the label.
-Chris

AC49

Quote from: 1badf350 on January 01, 2019, 04:15:49 PM
According to Mike's book thats when the boat fishing scene existed on the label.

Thanks for info Chris. That makes sense then as the reel contains numbered parts.

Regards
AC49

CooldadE

http://alantani.com/gallery/26/1816_31_12_18_9_58_08.jpeg
I keep an eye out on local Craigslist and OfferUp sites. If your diligent some great deals can be had. I just picked up this 14/0 reel this morning. I don't know that it will ever see water in my hands but I had to have it... and the price was right . On a side note, I can't figure out how to post pics from the gallery and have them show up as a pic and not a link... can y'all help a brutha out ?
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

nelz

Hey CooldadE , just put the link inside the html code like this:

Rivverrat

Or.....Go to reply page & click   "Additional Options"  Click on my pics then click on the pic again if you need to make them bigger for easier reading... Jeff

Rivverrat

Then click  "Choose File" then click on the picture file that contains your pic or picture itself if in the file if its on your phone or computer.... Jeff