Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Darin Crofton

Col, love everything about that reel, box and cord line, the colors of all of it together look sweet!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

milne

Thanks Darin,  Something to tinker with and clean up and then onto the shelf.
  I wasn't going to put the other I received today up, I bought it on impulse and the fact It was only $14.00, the postage came in at
  $7.50 for one of those satchels, So $21.00 for a boxed 1950 reel, I was happy with that and gives me some more evening Tele time cleaning.
   Didn't realise how board I was of a night time once I had stripped and cleaned up all the reels I have got so far, So I'll stretch the process out on
  These two for a few days hopefully !
  Not the clearest of photo's

Col

1badf350

Thats a heck of a nice 4/0 Col, the box is in amazing shape! Love that old black line.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

milne

Thanks  Chris,  It is in good condition, a simple clean up and it will be a good Shelfy, Maybe a little bit of green stuff under the line, but it
                  Should clean up well.   Not up to those stunners you and Ted put up, but I've just widened my search a little for the Senators, until they
               Swapped over to the different boxes. I was very lucky to snare a pretty well mint anniversary model with a box, which will arrive in a few weeks,
             along with a couple of other non numbered senators, so I've definitely widened  my parameters a wee bit....

Cheers

Col

1badf350

Went to the annual GBFA flea market in Chesapeake VA yesterday. It was a big show. The vintage reels were mostly common and well used. I dod manage to scoop up this nice old Long Beach

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Alto Mare

Nice reel Chris!...love that handle.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Darin Crofton

You found the diamond in the rough, Chris, great find buddy!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

milne

Terrific score Chris,  good eye !

Col

Penn Chronology

QuoteWent to the annual GBFA flea market in Chesapeake VA yesterday. It was a big show. The vintage reels were mostly common and well used. I dod manage to scoop up this nice old Long Beach

That is a special find. About a 1937 or so. Worth a fortune in parts. Great reel.

Donnyboat

Nice find Chris, did you polish the handle yourself, if so, what did  you use, please, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

You always seem to be in the right place at the right time Chris.
Great Find Brother!
I've never seen a Long Beach as Pretty. ;)
Life is Good!

Christopher M Songer

Saw this last week at a local flea market/antique mall as we were leaving to get my wife to work. Can anyone identify this and tell me is it worth going back for another look. did not have time to find staff and open the case.
Always go forward, never go straight

Benni3

Great 6/0's,,,,there just fabulous,,,,,, ;D

Cuttyhunker

The Penn That shouldn't exist

That Zebco Guy's explanation of the history from the ORCA web site
Doomed from childhood

Swami805

C.M.S. check to see if that reel is painted, it looks like the spool is brown on 1 side and black on the other. Maybe it's just the photo? If that's factory made buy it,$23 is well worth it, if painted not so much.
Do what you can with that you have where you are