Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Deepennz on November 27, 2019, 05:32:49 PM
Hi There,

I wish I could do photo's easily - its a struggle!!

Martin

let me help you out Martin.  First pic is courtesy of Brian Purrone.    RIP
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

To post pics from your computer. Once you hit reply, you'll see "additional options" on the left side, click on that and then middle lower screen you'll see "browse", click on that and your computer files will pop up. You then click on the particular file, then choose individual pic(double click). Your pic is now posted once you click on "post". To add more, just click on "more attachments". To erase, just click on the checked box and it will be removed

Maxed Out

Pick the one you want and double click on it....Now your picture has been attached

1badf350

Quote from: Deepennz on November 27, 2019, 09:17:34 PM
Hi Chris,
I just checked - all my 4/0's have that same length handle - 41/2 inches - even my 3/0.
That plain counter weight seems to have been introduced in 1941 - its common on the seagates, Long beaches and Delmars. Perhaps a Penn employee rivetted one on a Senator handle because ....................... well - why not?
It's that hand made variability that I find quite appealing with Penn reels.
As you can see, I am well and truly down the rabbit hole!!
Martin
Thanks Martin!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

broadway

Hey Martin,
I must have you mixed up with one of the other "Big Boy" collectors out there.
Beautiful collection ya got there and I have a feeling there are many more.
Thanks for the info on the transition reels. I knew some things about them but now I have a better handle on things. Looks like it's you, Mike and Ted now.
Hold it down my patriarchal pals,
Dom
PS- I still think it's a 3/0 handle and stand. 8)

Penn Chronology

Great info Martin and thank you Ted for the Brian info. No one put it together like Brian did.

Deepennz

Hi There,
Thank you Ted for the help - very much appreciated. My problem, in my mid 60's, is a bit like Homer Simpsons - for me to remember new stuff, first I have to forget some old stuff to make room!! When I can get a quiet day I will take photos of my 4/0's and post them here.

Martin

1badf350

Well guys I can cross this one off my list finally. 1932 Model F
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Dominick

Good for you.  what's on the rest of the list.  Those old reels are too rich for my blood.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

54bullseye

Seems like the whole set now isn't it ?? Congrats ! Post all of them together that is a hard set to put together !! Good going Chris.  John Taylor

1badf350

Quote from: 54bullseye on December 10, 2019, 11:13:31 PM
Seems like the whole set now isn't it ?? Congrats ! Post all of them together that is a hard set to put together !! Good going Chris.  John Taylor
Thanks John, Dominic and Chad!
Here you go.
Model F
Model K
Model K with star drag.
Granted, the two Ks came from Brian Purrone, and I cannot claim I searched hard for them.
-Chris

54bullseye

Very nice !!! To bad they aren't first year Fin-Nor's LOL   John

mo65

Wow! That's some trio...congrats Chris!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3