Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

I like that Mo,  Went to the link,  and wouldn't it rip your Nighty, doesn't ship to Aussie !!!..
    I recon that's a perfect fit for those reels....

Col

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

mo65

Quote from: milne on February 26, 2020, 06:04:38 AM
I like that Mo,  Went to the link,  and wouldn't it rip your Nighty, doesn't ship to Aussie!!!

Rip your nighty...LOL...more fantastic Aussie slang!! I screen shot the shipping info, what a joke. Says "ships worldwide" and then lists at least half the known world they won't ship to...cheapskate! I was just thinking guys, with all this coronavirus business going on, spray that package good with Lysol if you order one! :-\
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

Surprise surprise,,,,, :D wasn't advertised with a spool and this came in the mail today and there's good people even on ebay,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D

Darin Crofton

Found an old 9/0 and decided to get it and clean it up. Can't find any numbers on it, wondering what I have here?

Bill B

Good save Darin....best I can date is pre-war 2nd generation.  Although the harness lugs look different. Maybe someone else recognizes them.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Maxed Out

You have a crusty 9/0 with no part #'s LOL

It has coin edge cb, but front harness lugs have "O" shape holes, so could be 1942, or 1946ish

They grey monofil w/chipped spool is mid 1950's. As are the grey sideplates piled adjacent to the reel. You hoarding stuff Darin ??  :D  :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

Thanks Bill and Ted! LOL Ted, you always have an eye for the hidden gems ;D

milne

Hi Darin,  Mate, that came up really well, compared to how you found it, great job.

Col

Darin Crofton

Quote from: milne on February 29, 2020, 02:45:04 AM
Hi Darin,  Mate, that came up really well, compared to how you found it, great job.

Col

Thanks buddy, it's very rewarding to see the transformation and knowing you preserved a piece of history!

nelz

Quote from: Darin Crofton on February 29, 2020, 12:15:22 AMFound an old 9/0 and decided to get it and clean it up. Can't find any numbers on it, wondering what I have here?

What's the clicker side look like?

Gfish

Quote from: Benni3 on February 27, 2020, 05:58:04 PM
Surprise surprise,,,,, :D wasn't advertised with a spool and this came in the mail today and there's good people even on ebay,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D

Good deal!(seller) now you don't gotta worry about the right color/replacement spool.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Darin Crofton

Quote from: nelz on February 29, 2020, 06:08:05 AM
Quote from: Darin Crofton on February 29, 2020, 12:15:22 AMFound an old 9/0 and decided to get it and clean it up. Can't find any numbers on it, wondering what I have here?

What's the clicker side look like?
I grabbed a quick pic, but didn't have time to wipe the grease and fingerprints off before I left the house... ;D

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rivverrat

Darin, that reel is a keeper... Jeff