Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

1badf350

Got a nice 1933 Long Beach today
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Deepennz

Hi Chris,

Awesome!!
Any 1933 reel in good condition is a hard find, but that is beautiful!!
Well Done - you certainly keep raising the bar.!

Take care,
Martin

Swami805

Wow, That is a clean long beach, nice one!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

Love the color on those side plates...great score Chris! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Donnyboat

Great find Chris, really nice, thanks for showing us, how did you come by it, @ a swap meat, or on the bay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Maxed Out

Wow Chris, all its missing is the box !!

Definitely a keeper
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Nice find Chris...great reel!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

QuoteGot a nice 1933 Long Beach today

Wow, that is a tough reel to find in that condition. Most of them were fished to death. Congrats on that find!!!

Benni3

That is a fabulous reel,,,, ;) love it,,,,, ;D

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Crow

A few months ago, Ted sent me a "gaggle" of Surfmaster parts, all packed up in a "older" Surfmaster box. Again, with a heads up from Ted, I stumbled on to a Surfmaster that sort of needs to be IN that box!  Needs a "correct" handle, but, all-in - all, it seems to be in fairly good shape, and, the hex clicker makes it a "gotta' have it" reel. With shipping, it cost me a tad over $36 on the 'bay. So, "do the box", and "do the reel", and I've got something nice for my collection !!     Thanks, again, Ted !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

1badf350

Nice Crow! Love the Hex clickers
-Chris

Donnyboat

That should cleen up really good Arlyn, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Penn Chronology

Quotefew months ago, Ted sent me a "gaggle" of Surfmaster parts, all packed up in a "older" Surfmaster box. Again, with a heads up from Ted, I stumbled on to a Surfmaster that sort of needs to be IN that box!  Needs a "correct" handle, but, all-in - all, it seems to be in fairly good shape, and, the hex clicker makes it a "gotta' have it" reel. With shipping, it cost me a tad over $36 on the 'bay. So, "do the box", and "do the reel", and I've got something nice for my collection !!     Thanks, again, Ted !!

Ted certainly brings some very special reels to people. He is a very good man to know. I cannot remember every seeing a Surfmaster with a hex clicker. That makes me feel this is a special reel that needs to be saved. I have a folder in my computer just for Penn reels with hex clicker. Thank for these photos. There is now another sighting of a Hex Clicker button, your Surfmaster.