Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

First year 1938 4/0 basically new in box with catalog 6
The handle is simply amazing! I have never seen a green pear handle on a 4/0
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

54bullseye

Very nice !! Congrats !  John Taylor

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

It's like a fine piece of art !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Benni3

I don't know where you're getting these reels,,,,, ;) but keep doing it,,,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

oc1

pinoy101

simply... WAW !...  :D      is the spool ss?... the shine is diff from the chrome parts.

AC49

Quote from: Maxed Out on July 10, 2020, 04:01:42 PM

....and just when I thought I'd seen every Penn known to mankind

Ted tell us more about the reel, where ? when ? how ?

Regards
Alan

milne

My favourite type of handle and colour of them..
Nice find Chris.

Col

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Donnyboat

Great find Chris, thanks for posting it, very interesting, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

Cuttyhunker

Picked up this mixed lot this morning, with a few Penn's, a 140, 710, 712, 716 and a blue 720.  The 16 and 20 are quite nice, but the 720 is blue, can any of you folks get me up to speed on that color scheme? Shelfie?
Thanks
Doomed from childhood

1badf350

Thats a first style 720 with "fish " sideplate. They then switched to an emblem. The 720 was always that color blue until the Z series came out.
-Chris