Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Donnyboat

Gee they almost look as sweet as the rod  reel, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Rivverrat

Quote from: Donnyboat on March 16, 2021, 10:27:18 PM
Gee they almost look as sweet as the rod  reel, cheers Don.

Maybe, but the rod is more useful.   Can also deal more easily with any grief that combo may give me... Jeff

CooldadE

I found another Jiggy on Offerup locally. Looks unused, deep maroon sideplates and plastic spool... I just love those Jigmasters .

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

CooldadE

Here's another nice one I got from Craigslist... I've been real lucky, I check the various outlets often and pounce when I can make a good deal...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Maxed Out

Both great condition. The 113h is near mint and would fetch $75-90 or more all day every day !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

milne

I thought I would put this up here on this thread, as well as another thread where a bit more info is to be had...

However, I received a wee package that I have been waiting for for a couple of weeks,, and it was well worth the weight !!!

After many years of various horse trading and deals, I managed to snare, what I can only describe, as  pure piece of reel art !!
Your eyes are immediately drawn to the ice blue colour and absolute pristine condition the reel is in.
I believe the pamphlet comes from Randy originally and I was told that this reel was the first one made and more than likely, the exact same reel as shown in the pamphlet...
I was always wanting to buy this reel, to go along with the superb Gold version I bought of Randy a while back.
The story was, they were salesman samples, carried around as he was peddling Accurates products. Of course it was Ted ( maxed out) that secured 7 odd of the 9 actual sales man samples originally, So when the opportunity arose, to buy this beautiful ice blue 6/0 version, it was an opportunity I jumped on immediately.
I certainly am proud to be the new custodian of this reel, which as mentioned, is in pristine, un used condition.
Thankyou Ted for passing this reel on, it will take pride of place amongst all my other Penn reels and likely be a topic of conversation for those that get to see it, And of course not touch it   ;D.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

Love that reel Col...and it's story is awesome...thanks for sharing! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Maxed Out

Destiny has these reels reunited once again. Albeit halfway round the world. Let's be clear Col. These 2 reels are narrow conversion 114h and having 2 in one place is an amazing feat. The fact that both are 25+ years old and unused is hard to even imagine

The original holder of these reels worked for a marketing company that was hired by Accurate to promote their parts. They built 9 different reels and handed them to him as salesman samples. He decided only 1 was needed to show to possible vendors, so the other 8 reels went into a glass case in his living room for 20+ years. I got lucky and found him selling one on ebay. I contacted him and bought the rest of the reels privately. We had a few long chats on the telephone. Very nice guy, but doesn't fish. Probably why the reels never got wet and lived in a display case. Thor would've fished them all at least once. LOL
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

Gee Ted you were on to them, Nice buy Col, would look great in your cabinet ay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

54bullseye

Nice reels Cole !!   John Taylor

broadway

They found another good home.
Enjoy taking care of them.
Best to you and the family, Col
Dom