COMPUTER PBOBLEM'S (need help)

Started by STRIPER LOU, November 26, 2015, 05:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

I hope its OK to post here. If not, Mod's please remove!
Been having a problem with attachments for over a week now. Both on this site and personnel emails. If I try to attach 4 photos here on AT, it attempts but they never load and I just get a blank page.
If I email the Mrs., different email address, same network, she gets it fine. All pics come thru. It seems as soon as it leaves the network I have problems. I sent a personnel email to one of the guys here and it came back with this error code      lmtp;550 5.2.2delivery failed; over quota
Iv'e seen this before so I cut it down to 2 photo's and got the same thing. (have sent 4 or more photo's many times w/no problem). I'm using yahoo for mail and I tried sending thru Comcast as not to have 3rd party and got the same thing! Can send larger photo's thru Comcast.
This is what I have tried so far, by the way, no computer expert by any means just knowing enough to get in trouble.

1 clean reboot
2 delete browsing history
3 tried several recovery's from different dates
4 tried using Comcast instead of yahoo for mail
5 reloaded flash player
6 made sure java was up to date
7 loaded the latest version of outlook
8 made sure java script was enabled
9 ran malware bytes Microsoft security essentials
10 called Comcast
and probably a dozen thing's I've forgotten by now.
Has anyone had a problem like this and if so can you offer any suggestion's?  This is so frustrating and it seems whatever I try doesn't work.
Thanks in advance,  ..  Lou      windows 7 64 os

alantani

chances are that it's the software on this end.  i will set it up so that you can host photos here, then copy and post the IMG code and your photo will show up in the post.  that's how i do it.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

So, I do this for a living and need some info.
What operating system are you using. What email editor and browser are you using and what size computer do you have (processor, RAM, whatever.)
Let us know and we'll get you up and running.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

STRIPER LOU

LTM

Check the size of each photo file. Different ISP's have limits on size of attachments. Resolution on photos may need to be decreased.

Hope this helps,

Leo

STRIPER LOU

Thanks to Ron and Leo for their replys and help. Its was the picture size that was causing the problem. A software that does 50% reduction without effecting picture quality seems to be working.
I have to play with it some more but I'm making progress. Thanks guys.
.............................Lou