From Baja Sur Mexico

Started by marcortez, January 18, 2016, 12:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcortez

Hello out there in cyberland.

New to this board and looking forward to learning by doing.
No problems so far with the reels and I hope it stays that way.

Accurate, Avet, Penn and Daiwa are used here on Cal Star, a Penn Carnage, a couple of Lamiglas inshore rods and a couple of United Composite models.

Yellowtail in the winter and spring, and then it all changes in the summer to pelagics, with Dorado getting top billing around these parts.
Very few YFT make it up the Sea this far and now and again a Wahoo will show up in the fall.
Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy.

Dominick

Marco glad to have you on board.  You are in my favorite place.  Baja Sur love it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Welcome Marco!

Baja has my favorite fishing spot(s) too...,

Steve

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

TomT

Marco,
Where are you located in Baja??   We have a vacation home near El Sargento.  Fishing is similar as you described.
TomT

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Welcome marcortez , looks like you're all set...a little of everything.
Enjoy your stay here.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

marcortez

Quote from: TomT on January 18, 2016, 06:03:35 AM
Marco,
Where are you located in Baja??   We have a vacation home near El Sargento.  Fishing is similar as you described.
TomT

I am in Loreto...north of La Paz.
Settled down here 14 years ago to escape the maddening SoCal life.
I live here year round and am homeless on the "other" side.
Born and raised in Sandy Eggo.

Tiddlerbasher

SoCalAngler

Quote from: marcortez on January 18, 2016, 02:37:23 PM
Marco,
TomT

Marco,
I fish Loreto 2 times a year when I can. My father lives in Tripui at Puerto Escondido, maybe we have seen each other on the water. I know a few people in town but not many, like Rick Hill, who gives the Loreto fishing reports to Gary Graham for the Baja Bytes reports, Fransisco "Cuate" Fernandez and Cuate can fish, Pam with the red boat and had the pie shop who moved away a couple of years ago, everyone knows that boat.

Can't wait to get back and have tacos at El Rey Del Taco and maybe catch a few fish if I'm lucky.

marcortez

Quote from: SoCalAngler on January 19, 2016, 03:47:18 AM
Quote from: marcortez on January 18, 2016, 02:37:23 PM
Marco,
TomT

Marco,
I fish Loreto 2 times a year when I can. My father lives in Tripui at Puerto Escondido, maybe we have seen each other on the water. I know a few people in town but not many, like Rick Hill, who gives the Loreto fishing reports to Gary Graham for the Baja Bytes reports, Fransisco "Cuate" Fernandez and Cuate can fish, Pam with the red boat and had the pie shop who moved away a couple of years ago, everyone knows that boat.

Can't wait to get back and have tacos at El Rey Del Taco and maybe catch a few fish if I'm lucky.

Sure I know that boat, but I believe the owners name was Paulette. She and her partner had a nice bed and breakfast along the beach....in an area we locals call the "gold coast"....

My boat is a 22' Arca panga. Made in La Paz in 1985. An original.
See these before and after pics.
I literally dragged it out of an arroyo and totally refurbished it, including a new 75hp Yamaha
Previously I had a 22' Davis Cortez.....too many "systems" for my liking, so I "downsized" to this panga and enjoy the simplicity much more, plus I can launch/retrieve solo.

thorhammer

thats an awesome sled!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominick

Those pangas are indestructible.  You did a great job Marco.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.