Daiwa Blue Grease

Started by Lunker Larry, January 19, 2016, 10:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Has anyone ever used the Daiwa Blue Grease?
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

cbar45

Yes, the one packaged in an accordion-like tube and quite some years ago.
Seemed like a decent grease, a bit on the thinner side.
I stopped using it as they only sold it in those small tubes..(less product=higher cost per oz.)

Chad

johndtuttle

Yea, I still have one of those accordions around somewhere.

I'm sure its totally decent stuff. Daiwa takes that sort of thing pretty serious. They have all kinds of specialty lube (drag, gear etc) if you look at the Japanese websites.

Lunker Larry

Thanks. A local shop has some and I thought I might try it. I use the Penn blue grease for everything now.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

johndtuttle

Quote from: Lunker Larry on January 20, 2016, 08:15:31 PM
Thanks. A local shop has some and I thought I might try it. I use the Penn blue grease for everything now.

For Freshwater the stuff to give a try is Ardent Reel Butter. I think the corrosion protection is decent but I have seen too many horror stories that lived due to Penn Grease or Yamalube to change for SW reels. Reel Butter is light stuff good for small reels.

Otherwise, stick to Penn Blue. The Daiwa stuff is no better.

Lunker Larry

I've got a bunch of the Ardent oils and grease. On our muskie outing raffle tables it was never a popular prize, except for me. I'm set for quite a while. I use their grease if I do small bass reels and such but primarily everything is Penn grease. Comfort in what you know I guess.
Thanks guys.