113H SS Double Dogging Bridge

Started by Black Pearl, February 06, 2016, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I installed mine in my PG 545 together with a stainless 10 tooth stud and Bryan's drags. Pretty trick!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

My last two 4/0 have the top hat, ordered new sleeves from Scotts, done deal.

Black Pearl

There are few sets left for sale in my online store.

Rancanfish

Just curious about the make up of these.  I dropped one into a ProGear 545 tonite, but was a little reluctant to take out the big beefy SS stock dog I found inside.  The two on the PC bridge look so tiny in comparison.

This was tested by Sal and stood up to good pressure right?  Not questioning the quality at all, I'm going to be getting more for my Cortez versions too. I have never had a reel blow up on me ever so I'm sure they are up to any test I'd put them thru.

Love that I don't have to do any carving since it just drops in. But they do look small. 

A question of theory though;  wouldn't the tank with Sal's SS larger double dogs version actually be stronger?

Don't throw lead weights at me. I really am just curious like I said. 

I am going to sell some stuff to buy more PC sleeves and bridges so I do trust Alan's productions.

Thanks, Ran
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

You have good questions Ran. Yes the dogs on the Tank are stronger, but not because of thickness. Those are stronger because of the way they're held in place.
I've asked about the thickness as well in the beginning, Alan assured me that his men had done lots of tests as well and were comfortable with the design.
You will need to take everything in consideration though, the bridge plate on a stock 113H would flex a little when under stress, especially at the numbers that we're getting lately.
If bad enough, it will interfere the gears, yoke and jack as well.
I personally don't believe the aluminum plates help here, still nice to have though.
Most of the stress comes from the bridge post while cranking the handle.
The new custom heat treated bridge, jack and yoke, being heat treated, should help keeping everything aligned there.

I have done lots of stress tests on these,  but not on the water.
I personally believe the custom bridge and its dogs will hold up just fine.

By the way, I decided to place the new custom bridge on the Tank, we'll see how that goes.

A lot of work goes into some of these custom parts behind the scene.
When I received the custom bridge, the measurements were spot on with the original bridge, they worked nicely on the Penn stock plates, but not so good on Accurate and some other aluminum plates.
Alan C told me and his men, he needed to make them work on all plates.
After one week of taking 3 different reels apart for at least 60 times each, I was able to come up with the solution.
Lee also had his hands on these parts, I told him I wanted one of the holes sealed on the bridge and I needed it back soon within a week. Lee sent it back within two days and couldn't even tell where the hole was.
I carefully drilled and tapped the new hole and everything lined up nicely from there. By the way, the hole was off only by 1/32" and yet causing problems.
Tolerance is very tight on these, this  is a good thing, but at times a little pain to assemble.

Custom parts are usually generated from most of us here.

Along with some others, we have a good product here, I'm sure it will be enjoyed by many in years to come.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

Seeing it go into the tank is great.  I really like the way the reel I put the bridge in felt while cranking.

My past on-the-water experience would pale in comparison to Don Dominick's,  so I have 100% confidence that I will not ever damage this bridge. 

Thanks for the reply.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 10, 2016, 12:33:29 PMBy the way, I decided to place the new custom bridge on the Tank, we'll see how that goes.

Sal

Sal,

So, what happened with the new bridge in the Tank ?

Tight Lines & Merry Christmas !

Alto Mare

Quote from: ez2cdave on December 21, 2016, 04:19:00 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on July 10, 2016, 12:33:29 PMBy the way, I decided to place the new custom bridge on the Tank, we'll see how that goes.

Sal

Sal,

So, what happened with the new bridge in the Tank ?

Tight Lines & Merry Christmas !
Hello Dave, as far as I know it's still in the Tank and waiting to be used.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Few members have been asking me that if this item can back in production.

100 pieces are being made now, but it will take 45 to 60 days.They are all sold to SBT (Scott's Bait & Tackle)  70 pieces and Brian's Fishing Supply 30 pieces.

This item will not be available through PRO Challenger's online store.

The cost of this item has been increased in labor, stainless steel and other materials.

For more info on pre-ordering, please contact SBT or Brian's Fishing Supply.

Thanks,
--Alan

Keta

Thank you Alan, I must have another.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Maxed Out

Thanks Alan, count me in !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

You should have ordered more, 100 isn't going to last that long.

Thanks for keeping up with these Alan.

Sal

mrwilson99

Would these bridges fit a Pro Gear 440, 545, 454, and 541?
David

ez2cdave

Quote from: Black Pearl on December 28, 2017, 04:27:05 PM
Few members have been asking me that if this item can back in production.

100 pieces are being made now, but it will take 45 to 60 days.They are all sold to SBT (Scott's Bait & Tackle)  70 pieces and Brian's Fishing Supply 30 pieces.

This item will not be available through PRO Challenger's online store.

The cost of this item has been increased in labor, stainless steel and other materials.

For more info on pre-ordering, please contact SBT or Brian's Fishing Supply.

Thanks,
--Alan

Alan,

Please be sure to post here again, when they become available !

Tight Lines !

MarkT

Quote from: mrwilson99 on December 28, 2017, 10:25:01 PM
Would these bridges fit a Pro Gear 440, 545, 454, and 541?

Yes.  I put one in my 545.  They all have 4/0 guts.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!