How can we make ordering custom parts easier for newbies?

Started by steelhead_killer, March 04, 2016, 01:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Quote from: DaBigOno on March 04, 2016, 01:49:34 PM
I always enjoy the "what's a Penn 99" discussion  ;D

Y'know, I started that thread as an egregiously clueless newbie; but with considerable advice/assistance from the AT experts and a LOT of patience, before long I was able to produce these 99 lovelies:

So to any/all AT newbies, please do NOT feel diffident or intimidated. If this ol' gal can still learn new tricks (so to speak... ahem ::) ) so can you!   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Reel 224

Aila: Ruth learned to shoot trap when she was 60 and became ladies state "C" division champion at 62. So the proves you can teach a old gal new tricks ;D

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Aiala

Quote from: Reel 224 on March 04, 2016, 05:18:09 PM
Aiala: Ruth learned to shoot trap when she was 60 and became ladies state "C" division champion at 62. So that proves you can teach a old gal new tricks ;D
Joe 

Amen, Joe. And Ruth... You go, girl!   :D

~A~

David Hall

Ayala:
Something just occured to me!
Awhile back I was searching for a frame and ran across a very nice purple accurate 99 frame and purple accurate handle from our friend Randy P.
I am thinking they might go very well with those purple side plates.
If your interested I will let you have them for what I gave for them, which is I don't remember?  I can check my PayPal and see what I gave Randy for them and send you some pics.

OOps it's a purple pro gear power handle not an accurate but matches the frame nicely.

Aiala

Quote from: David Hall on March 04, 2016, 05:40:20 PM
Aiala:
Something just occurred to me!
Awhile back I was searching for a frame and ran across a very nice purple accurate 99 frame and purple accurate handle from our friend Randy P.
If your interested I will let you have them for what I gave for them, which is I don't remember?  I can check my PayPal and see what I gave Randy for them and send you some pics.
Oops it's a purple pro gear power handle not an accurate but matches the frame nicely.

Oh, now I get it... I just responded to your PM saying how clueless I was... duh!   ::)

At any rate, Dave, I do thank you for the kind offer, but actually that purple/red combo was very much intentional. (You know how crazy I get with colors!)   ;D

~A~

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Aiala on March 04, 2016, 05:08:19 PM
Quote from: DaBigOno on March 04, 2016, 01:49:34 PM
I always enjoy the "what's a Penn 99" discussion  ;D

Y'know, I started that thread as an egregiously clueless newbie; but with considerable advice/assistance from the AT experts and a LOT of patience, before long I was able to produce these 99 lovelies:

So to any/all AT newbies, please do NOT feel diffident or intimidated. If this ol' gal can still learn new tricks (so to speak... ahem ::) ) so can you!   ;D

~A~

Because of your questions I ended up building this 99
><)))">

theluckpusher

"To Hell with Luck, I'll bring the Luck with Me." ---Hemingway

Alto Mare

Quote from: Aiala on March 04, 2016, 06:46:20 PM
Aiala:
Oops it's a purple pro gear power handle not an accurate but matches the frame nicely.

Oh, now I get it... I just responded to your PM saying how clueless I was... duh!   ::)

At any rate, Dave, I do thank you for the kind offer, but actually that purple/red combo was very much intentional. (You know how crazy I get with colors!)   ;D

~A~
Dave, you didn't go there, did you? The last time I tried to coordinate some colors for Aiala, I got stung so bad it still hurts ;D

Aiala, your reels look sweet just as they are ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 04, 2016, 08:58:43 PM
Quote from: Aiala on March 04, 2016, 06:46:20 PM
Aiala:

Oh, now I get it... I just responded to your PM saying how clueless I was... duh!   ::)

At any rate, Dave, I do thank you for the kind offer, but actually that purple/red combo was very much intentional. (You know how crazy I get with colors!)   ;D

~A~
Dave, you didn't go there, did you? The last time I tried to coordinate some colors for Aiala, I got stung so bad it still hurts ;D

Aiala, your reels look sweet just as they are ;) ;D

Yes Sal I'm afraid I did!  Maybe I should lay low for awhile ?  is it just my male mind that wants to color match every part of my reels?
Maybe I should match that purple frame up to the black CC sideplates take a walk outside my comfort zone?

RowdyW

Dave I've got a 505 with purple frame & black Accuplates. Great looking color combo.

Aiala

Quote from: David Hall on March 04, 2016, 11:31:17 PM
Yes, Sal, I'm afraid I did! Maybe I should lay low for awhile?

No, no, Dave... it's fine, really! Suggestions and input are always welcome.  ;)

Quote from: David Hall on March 04, 2016, 11:31:17 PMIs it just my male mind that wants to color match every part of my reels?

Yeah, probably, but that's just the way you're wired... not to worry!   ;D

Quote from: David Hall on March 04, 2016, 11:31:17 PM
Maybe I should match that purple frame up to the black CC sideplates and take a walk outside my comfort zone?

NOW you're talking!! Go for it.   :D

~A~

Dominick

Go to the home page.  Scroll down to "For Sale."  The sections under that heading are most of the members custom parts.  Why do we need a spread sheet when that accomplishes the same thing.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

A purple frame with black plates is a good combo. I built a 146 that way. It's now with a Washi googan fishing for Salmon. I added a Motiv Fab Newell style star to my silver framed 99'd Jigmaster. The stock star is too small to crank down with to take advantage of the stainless gear stud and Bryan's drags.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on March 05, 2016, 01:51:57 AM
Go to the home page.  Scroll down to "For Sale."  The sections under that heading are most of the members custom parts.  Why do we need a spread sheet when that accomplishes the same thing.  Dominick
I agree with our Consigliere, all information needed is at the for sale section at the bottom of the page...very easy to find anything you need.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

Ok how about this idea. 

Sub sections for main components:

Knobs -->vendors
Handles-->vendors
Bridges-->vendors
Frames-->vendors
Drags-->vendors
Dogs-->vendors
Gear Sleeves-->vendors
etc...

><)))">