Show your favorite "Shelfie"

Started by Maxed Out, October 12, 2016, 01:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Seems like we all have our "fishing" reels, and "shelfie" reels. I'm a Penn guy(in case nobody noticed) ;), and have Penns from pre war to modern day models, but the one that is my pride and joy is a reel I've always endeared. The 1940's long beach 60. It will always be my favorite, and although I have a few, there is one that sticks out from the crowd. The 1942 long beach 60 with clamp seat. I doubt it would fetch $100 on eBay, but it's priceless to me.

Please show your one "favorite shelfie" older or modern day, we love em all and want to see yours ;)

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Its got to Be Nessie. ;)

Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 12, 2016, 01:43:21 AM
Its got to Be Nessie. ;)

Dang, I forgot all about Nessie. Looks like Nessie resides in plain view for guests to admire. Love those plastic jigmaster/goodyear tires LOL ;D ;D

mo65

Wow Ted...that LB60 with the clamp stand is immaculate! I've come across the early clamp stands for the LB65...but until today I was oblivious to the 60. And Daron...Nessie is too cool...love it. It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but as far as something you won't see everyday, my hippie mottled 285 Delmar widened with Long Beach 65 parts is a dandy. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

Great gobs of goose grease  :o :o......Mo has been holding out on us. A good nickname for that reel would be phsychadelic 60's. :D :D  

Ted

Shark Hunter

I really like that reel Mo.
Very Cool Find.
Ted, Nessie is actually on top of the safe.
You can't hardly see her for the reels in front, but I know where she lives. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

This one actually sits on a shelf on my workbench in direct view. 

The Great Maudu

Mo is right, it's hard to pick a fav. But, I guess mine is a big Ocean City Long Key 600 yard reel. It has a cool box, swivel harness lugs, power handle and a full spool of linen. I keep it on a book shelf in my living room just so I can see it.

coastal_dan

I'm going to think about this question for a bit...truly a tough decision to make.

These are some of my favorite threads...we get to learn about a persons favorite show reel...each person will pick their's for an individual reason...the same reel will never result in the same reason for that individuals fondness of the piece.   Essential we get to peek into soul of the person who is showing the photo.  Then again...maybe I'm thinking about this a little too deep  ::)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

thorhammer

Naw Dan, you are correct...mine is green because I'm jealous of these showpieces! Nice reel Maudu!!!! Haven't seen one of those before!

Shark Hunter

If you are peeking into my Soul Dan, I want you to see this. Not Nessie.
This is truly my most Prized reel, and was very hard to get.
The Terminator, Everol 20/0.

Life is Good!

Aiala

I actually don't much care for the whole concept of a "shelfie", because in theory I'd like to fish with every last reel that I own. Still, I do have a few unique/scarce items which really shouldn't be fished, primary amongst which is this rarity, a near-new South African 49A Super Mariner in the original box with the price label still intact:

<-- Shiny!!  ;D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

mo65

Aiala, that reel is beautiful. A true classic.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rancanfish

Aiala, I admire that 49A so that I spent forever trying to find a duplicate.

But I'm over it now.   :'(
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Aiala

Quote from: Rancanfish on October 12, 2016, 09:30:10 PM
Aiala, I admire that 49A so that I spent forever trying to find a duplicate.
But I'm over it now.   :'(

Randy, don't lose hope! Remember, I only got it because some unwitting sad sack neglected to put the 'A' after the '49' on their eBay posting.

Believe me, it can happen again. Just keep a sharp eye out.  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D