Show your favorite "Shelfie"

Started by Maxed Out, October 12, 2016, 01:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Quote from: RowdyW on February 16, 2019, 12:14:39 AM
Ted, which is correct, your photo of your reel with enclosed drags or the brochure with a picture of the annv. reel with outsde accessable drags?             Rudy

IMHO both are correct Rudy

The foldout leaflet pictured was used for a few years and penn is known for using same illustrations for many years, even though minor changes had occurred.

I know the sideplates on this one are original to this reel, and correct box
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

I would say Ted is right about a design change. My anniversary reels look like the brochure picture, but my boxes all say "new" above the model number.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Shark Hunter

The one and only "Big Red!"
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Holy moly, that is stunning. Never get tired of seeing big red. The blood red knob is perfect match. The ashtray is dang cool too.

Thanks for posting Daron, cause we all know Dom still uses a 1988 Macintosh computer and can't post pics for himself.  lol
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

I never get tired of seeing that one too!!! Wow.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Dominick

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 16, 2019, 09:34:30 PM

Holy moly, that is stunning. Never get tired of seeing big red. The blood red knob is perfect match. The ashtray is dang cool too.

Thanks for posting Daron, cause we all know Dom still uses a 1988 Macintosh computer and can't post pics for himself.  lol

Don't make fun at Lowtech Dom... BTW he uses an analog computer.  :D ;D :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

1badf350

Thanks for posting Daron, cause we all know Dom still uses a 1988 Macintosh computer and can't post pics for himself.  lol

Dom fixing another problem with his computer?
-Chris

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Dominick on February 16, 2019, 09:41:01 PM

Thanks for posting Daron, cause we all know Dom still uses a 1988 Macintosh computer and can't post pics for himself.  lol

Don't make fun at Lowtech Dom... BTW he uses an analog computer.  :D ;D :D ;D Dominick
You Guys Crack me up! :D
Watch what you say about My Man Dom. I would not want to meet him in a dark alley. The guy is a monster!
You talkin' to me!
Life is Good!

54bullseye

Dom are you sure that's not red paint ????    LOL !!    John Taylor

broadway

Lmao!  You guys got me cracking up in my car right now.  
Dominick, you're not far off.
Ted, it's a 2009 and she still works (almost) perfect.
Chris, that photo isn't far off, lol.
Sal, I didn't know you well at the time, but I remember you telling me you were next up on that reel.  The hard part of bidding on Big Red was that it looked fake (painted) so it was a wing and a prayer.
John, I think I tinkled a bit when I read that one.
D, I'd meet You anywhere, pal.  Thanks for posting these photos of Big Red for the 3rd time.
I'm actually looking to get a a new computer this or next week. When I do I'll be asking Dominick how to post photos here so I don't have to bother anyone with my computer issues.
Glad you guys enjoy Big Red... she lives happily with Jack. Soon they'll be best pals.
Thanks
Dom

mo65

Now you fellas have me picturing Dom's computer like something on the Flintstones...some little dinosaur inside it...peddling away...HA!!! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Penn Chronology

Every time I see that red reel I am amazed. Even Mr. Herbert Otto Henze was impressed and said it had to be an experimental model and believe me, Mr. Henze is not an easy man to impress. That Red 9/0 wins the Oscar this year for Best All Around Penn Reel! None can even come close to the special feel this 9/0 brings to the Silver Screen. You hit it out of the park with this one Dom!!!

broadway

Mo,  LOL, It's not that bad... it's a 2009 17" Mac Powerbook.  If they (MAC) made 17" laptops still I'd have a new one already, but thy don;t and I haven't had to succumb to the 13" or 15" screens as of yet but he end is near for this one.
Mike, That's really neat to hear that Mr. Herbert Henze thinks it might have been an experimental reel.  Now that you mentioned it do you think it's worth it to open her up again to see if the gears are for a high speed series like the 112H, 113H, and 114H?
      If "Big Red" wins the Oscar then I have a speech prepared.  "I would like to thank all of the members/moderators from the greatest website in the world, Alan Tani.com,  who made it possible for me to recognize this reel as a special piece of Penn history, and for giving me the confidence it took to open her up and service her properly for more generations to enjoy her beauty and uniqueness."
Happy to see you guys still digging Big Red.  We enjoy being her caretakers at "La casa de demasiados carretes." LOL
I bet there are lot more cool reels out there... whip 'em out boys! ;D
Thanks crew,
Dom

thorhammer

Dom spends his cash where it counts...NOT on laptops...have you seen his display cabinet????

broadway

John,  I haven't bought new underwear in 10 years since I started collecting none-the-less a computer ;D
Ted, mentioned the old school way of checking gear ratio without opening her up... crank the handle, duh, Dom!
Mike, your model f prototype belongs here too, so does Brian's Tuna King (one of the coolest 9/0's in existence for sure.)... and so many more!
Thanks
Dom