Show your favorite "Shelfie"

Started by Maxed Out, October 12, 2016, 01:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Mo,,, :D love it,,,,that's some great reels,,,, ;D

1badf350

I must have missed that 1938? Senator! Very nice!!!!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

Wow super clean monfils Mo, and that Senator looks almost new. Nice!!!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bhale1

Yep, Im still pretty new to all this. So, i dont really know what's what, But, the knob on the one in the second pic is "awesome"!!!
;D
Brett

milne

All I can say really,  is Mo, beautiful reels sir !

Col

Swami805

Here's mine, a 1949 1/0. I think it spent most of its life in the box. I haven't opened it up, afraid I might bugger a screw.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: broadway on February 11, 2019, 07:23:30 PM
I have to say Mo reminds me of Daron in his passion and beautiful work.
You two guys came on the scene with a bang in your first years being on AT.  Two very serious assets to AT.
Thanks to you guys for motivating us, passing on knowledge, and showing how things are done.
They're both quality people before all else.
Thanks
Dom
Thanks for the kind words Brother.
Mo is a paygrade above me I believe.
He turns rags to riches with very little effort.
We are all equal here, no matter what we have to show. ;)
Life is Good!

Long Enuff

My wife recently painted the downstairs powder room and wanted me to put some rustic looking shelves above the John. She said I could decorate one shelf with old fishing reels, but they needed to be small. I added the plugs also, some of the first ones I ever bought. We have  a Shakespeare, Southbend, Crown and Pleuger represented.

Bill

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

mo65

Quote from: 1badf350 on February 12, 2019, 12:03:12 AM
I must have missed that 1938? Senator! Very nice!!!!

I posted this one a few years ago Chris. It's still the flagship of my fleet. I want to add more large Senators but they are kinda pricey, and I can't stop hot rodding "misfits" from fleabay.  8)

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12533.msg243915#msg243915

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 12, 2019, 08:17:23 AM
Quote from: broadway on February 11, 2019, 07:23:30 PM
I have to say Mo reminds me of Daron in his passion and beautiful work.
You two guys came on the scene with a bang in your first years being on AT.  Two very serious assets to AT.
Thanks to you guys for motivating us, passing on knowledge, and showing how things are done.
They're both quality people before all else.
Thanks
Dom
Thanks for the kind words Brother.
Mo is a paygrade above me I believe.

I have to agree with Daron about Dom's kind words...Thanks much Dom. I'm going to disagree about being a paygrade above Daron though. Daron's early posts are a goldmine of info for modifying Penn reels. He and Sal and a few others sorted out a lot of problems...and saved me a few headaches! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

milne

Mo, That's a pretty nice flagship reel !
    I've been lucky enough to get some nice reels over my short journey and am taking a fancy to the old Senators as well,
    I agree, that they cost a tad more than the Ebay specials and require some sweet talking to her indoors when the opportunity arises.
But that's the beauty of this place, when people like Chris and others show us there collections and show us that our desired reels are out there !
Thanks to all for showing us there favourite "shelfie"     Great thread

Col

Cuttyhunker

That is a spectacular 1/0 time capsule.............
Doomed from childhood

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on February 12, 2019, 04:11:57 AM
Here's mine, a 1949 1/0. I think it spent most of its life in the box. I haven't opened it up, afraid I might bugger a screw.

Yay !!  I feel you amigo.
whatta great reel, you should contact Daron for a acrylic box or something

I just got a really weird and not much famous penn reel from an ohana bro, a penn 2000 baitcaster 2-speed low profile reel.
its not like new as yours but its in really great shape for having almost 40 years and being made outta graphite.
my reelhead devil want to open the reel and the angel reelhead want me to leave it alone, let's wait who would win the battle.
this should be a nice partner for the Ted Williams baitcast reel

The Baja Guy

1badf350

Sometimes its hard to decide. Sometimes its not!

-Chris

Swami805