One Piece Frame JigMaster 500/501 is ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Black Pearl, December 07, 2016, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

I put mine together tonight. All PC internals worked perfect on the first try. Almost like dropping everything in a bag and shake it up and out comes the reel. I'm not a magnet guy so I got one without. Great free spool right out of the gate. Haven't decided on 50 or 65 lb braid until I see how much I can get on it. Be using it with a short 30lb top shot for now, want the option to go heavier if need be, no doubt the reel is up to it. Going to the islands Tuesday to give it a work out. Hope the yellowtail are still around.
Really top self job Alan can't wait to break it in
Thanks Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Black Pearl

It is always good to order this gear sleeve spacer for this frame.

https://squareup.com/market/pro-challenger-llc/item/spacing-sleeve

Black Pearl

Quote from: Swami805 on July 21, 2018, 07:21:49 AM
I put mine together tonight. All PC internals worked perfect on the first try. Almost like dropping everything in a bag and shake it up and out comes the reel. I'm not a magnet guy so I got one without. Great free spool right out of the gate. Haven't decided on 50 or 65 lb braid until I see how much I can get on it. Be using it with a short 30lb top shot for now, want the option to go heavier if need be, no doubt the reel is up to it. Going to the islands Tuesday to give it a work out. Hope the yellowtail are still around.
Really top self job Alan can't wait to break it in
Thanks Sheridan

Black and orange colors go together really well.

mo65

Quote from: Black Pearl on July 21, 2018, 02:53:10 PM
Black and orange colors go together really well.

Yes...very well indeed! Looks awesome Sheridan! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

fIsHsTiiCkS

Great looking reel!! I love the colors, ima put a blue spool on mine when Alan gets those back in stock!

Black Pearl

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on July 21, 2018, 07:10:36 PM
Great looking reel!! I love the colors, ima put a blue spool on mine when Alan gets those back in stock!

That will be awhile.

handi2

Great looking reel. Is that's Alan's handle arm too? I like it.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Swami805

Yes a PC handle and knob. There's so few penn parts in it's hard to call it a penn, more like a Pc 501.. I used a eccentric lever from a pro-gear so I didn't mar the finish. Going to put 65 pound PP on it tonight, I have a 300 yd spool,I think it will hold that ok. I'm thinking of mounting it on a super seeker 90m with a 30lb top shot.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Swami805 on July 21, 2018, 09:15:40 PM
Yes a PC handle and knob. There's so few penn parts in it's hard to call it a penn, more like a Pc 501.. I used a eccentric lever from a pro-gear so I didn't mar the finish. Going to put 65 pound PP on it tonight, I have a 300 yd spool,I think it will hold that ok. I'm thinking of mounting it on a super seeker 90m with a 30lb top shot.

I will come out with a new aluminum eccentric lever. I just need to come up with a good design on that. Probably, my resource will work on that after the Squidder Aluminum spool.

Black Pearl

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on July 21, 2018, 05:32:29 AM
Hi Guys!

I'm jumping back into fishing again after a LOOONNGGG break due to life and saw the awesome frames Alan put together, so I snagged one of the ones with "dents" I say it like that cuz when it came it looked almost flawless!

I can't say enough how much of a master piece this is... just amazing quality from the adjustable mag to the great craftsmanship. I slammed this together with all of Alans products. This reel is all Pro Challenger handle, sleeve, gears, drag, yoke, bearings and everything is stainless steel, everything indestructible. Alan has officially created his own reel be remastering these jigmasters. This is now the "Pro-Jig". TO me these are the best star drags on the market now.

Paired this with a Rod Dwight made for me and now this is my go-to 30lb setup for tuna and yellow tail.

Thanks guys!

Very good looking reel. It is nice to see you back into fishing again.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Black Pearl on July 21, 2018, 07:37:13 PM
Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on July 21, 2018, 07:10:36 PM

That will be awhile.

No worries the Black Tib one I have will do the trick till those beauties roll around

Alto Mare

Sheridan, that color looks great, one of my favorite, good job!

Jason, nice to see you back, I hope you'll stick around this time.
Blue is another combination I like with the silver frame., I asked Alan to get us some a while back, but I guess I'm not that important :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Took the reel out today, caught a limit of yellowtail 12-15 lbs. reel worked great, cast sardines very well. Great drag system and with the braid has a unique sound. Went 5 for 5,we were fishing tight to the structure with kelp in play and could put the screws to the fish pretty well. No sure of the offset handle, great for fighting fish but had to move it for casting   Maybe not the best option for a reel that size, I'll try a straight handle next time. All in all couldn't be happier I'm sur the reel could handle yellows twice that size with heavier top shot. A lot of compliments on the look too
A few other highlights, one guy hooked a yellow, the bait went thru it's mouth and out the gills and another yellow ate it. A twofer like I've never seen
Another guy had yellow whipped, all of a sudden the thing takes off and he's getting absolutely freight trained. We figure it's a sea lion. It drops the yellow and he gets the fish up to the surface and it's about a 250-300 lb Black Sea bass rolls on the yellow then sinks out. When the fish hits the deck there were crush marks right behind the 15lb yellow's gills. The food chain in action. Very impressive fish and good to know there's still a few monsters around
Great day, if you on the fence about these kits I can say you won't be disappointed. Going again in a few weeks, hoping the bigger grade yellows show up  it's getting that time of year
Thanks for your effort Alan
Sheridan

Gfish

Nice Sheridan! BTH, thanks much for the bars, the 259's gettin there...

Mine. Very smooth workin. The JMX package makes this'n more drag adjustable than any Jigmaster I have so far. Not to concerened with cosmetics over function, I labeled the mag. control temporarly 'till I get used to it. Plan on doin some castin.

One thing somewhat bothersome to me: I only got about 1 turn on alla bridgeplate screws. Anyone else experience this?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

fIsHsTiiCkS