first fishing trip of my baby girl(and her rod his daddy customized for her)

Started by steelfish, February 06, 2017, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well, my 6yo baby was asking everyday to go fishing with her "new rod"

check this thread http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=20515.0

well it was until yesterday that the cold winds from the north stopped for some days and took my kid to use her rod for the first time it was also her first time fishing, she have gone to many fishing trips where all family are fishing from shore but never holding a rod or reeling her own rig, so this was his first time.
on the previous night before the fishing day I involve her in all the preparatory steps for a shore fishing trip, she helped me to select the hooks, some spoons in case we see some curvinas, we choose the reels for the rods, she took her rod and put it aside to dont forget it in the morning, next day at the morning she helped me to put everything on the car, we stopped on a grocery store for some snacks, some drinks and then drive to our destination, there were just both of us, my other daughter didnt wanted to go and wife was still in bed and will prepary breakfast for our return

it was a beautiful day to go fishing, we went to a local getty (rock wall)

and my new fishing buddy from now on

obligatory selfi

time to fish and get real

after 30 minutes , Bendo!! it was all her with no help from me reeling that fish, I only went down on the rocks for the fish  

dont know for sure the name of that fish, but its from the curvina family (sciaenidae family) a cross between a croaker and a corvina, anyway
its good eating and perfectly on a nice size

houston we a have a problem, little fishy dont want to keep steady for the pictures

well after that fish we have no more bites on that zone, so we change place to another place, but this time the thing got real,
now she wanted daddy's set up, I was using a swimbait with my lexa300 and a quantum inshore rod, I cast the lure and she reel it back,
we were like that for some time, and she never got tired

there were no more bites on the bait set up or on the swimbait, we spent 1 hour more until I told her that it was time to go back home.
and I will remember her answer forever ..
WHAT? why so soon daddy?,
--its not so soon honey, we have 3 hrs fishing.  
Really 3 hrs? wow I didt felt the time
--I know, me either but mamy have the breakfast ready so its time to go
OK she said.
and she helped me carrying the small icecooler with the bait and fish while I carried the rods and rest of the stuff

this was his first fish and her first fishing trip

I think shes hooked now, well she's actually hooked on fishing, cuz at home she asked me, soo daddy, when we will go fishing again?

***************  Update video  ************************

corrected the picture links from photobucket to tani-server

The Baja Guy

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Cute kid Alex, I believe she made photo of the month with the eigth or tenth pic.

And that's what it's all about...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

That's as good as it gets, Alex. Better get busy on her pink casting rod!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelhead_killer

My best childhood memories involved my father and grandfather and uncles fishing!  Personally, I think its one of the best things you can do with your kids.  Good job Dad!

Andy
><)))">

steelfish

Thanks compadre, Im pretty sure this wont be the only pictures I will post of her holding her rod and fish.

good fishing season from shore is just about to start on march
The Baja Guy

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

steelfish

Quote from: Aiala on February 06, 2017, 10:37:19 PM
Fantastic... did she get to eat her catch?  :)

~A~

not yet but she loves to eat fish, pretty soon I think
The Baja Guy

David Hall

Nothing better than spending time with the kids fishing.  Way to go.

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

foakes

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 06, 2017, 07:51:40 PM
Cute kid Alex, I believe she made photo of the month with the eigth or tenth pic.

And that's what it's all about...

Same as what I was thinking, Sal -- #8.

Beautiful daughter and good first trip, Alex...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

great shot!

[URL=http://s202.photobucket.com/user/alextellofotos/media/family/IMAG0048%20ss_zps84tol7c0.jpg.html]]
Quote from: steelfish on February 06, 2017, 07:09:18 PM

[URL=[url="http://s202.photobucket.com/user/alextellofotos/media/family/IMAG0048%20ss_zps84tol7c0.jpg.html"]http://s202.photobucket.com/user/alextellofotos/media/family/IMAG0048%20ss_zps84tol7c0.jpg.html[/url]][/URL]
[URL=[url="http://s202.photobucket.com/user/alextellofotos/media/family/IMAG0051%20ss_zpscrkhovcw.jpg.html"]http://s202.photobucket.com/user/alextellofotos/media/family/IMAG0051%20ss_zpscrkhovcw.jpg.html[/url]][/URL]

[/url]
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Great report Alex! Thanks.

Where were you fishing?

Beautiful daughter and she likes fishing!

Good thing she takes after her Mom ;D ;D ;D

You are a fortunate man Alex.

I can't wait to get back to the Sea of Cortez. "The aquarium of the world", J. Cousteau.

Steve