eBay harnesses?

Started by biggiesmalls, July 02, 2017, 04:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggiesmalls

Has anybody ever used one of the cheaper fighting harnesses from eBay? The one I am looking at is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pellor-Sea-Fishing-Fighting-Belt-Offshore-Fishing-Harness-Waist-Rod-Pole-Holder-/162119394190?hash=item25bf11a38e:g:XB8AAOSwcB5ZNmB1

I'm not in a position to drop much over $50 or so on a harness, I need one for an upcoming shark fishing trip. Wondering if this will work, or if I Should just save my money and buy a good belt for now. The small size of that plate is scaring me a little bit, although I am not a very big guy.

Tight lines
-Drew

RowdyW

Drew, that plate is to small for the use you are going to put to it. The belt is a little narrow also. Look on ebay for a AFTCO belt. It will give you butt support also. They are usually under $80.00.       Rudy

Benni3

My question is why does all of these fighting belts look so weird,,,, accept for jigging master

Shark Hunter

For land based fishing. You need a bucket Harness. It has a separate strap that goes around your butt to give you more leverage.
All the pressure from a belt like the one you are showing is right in the middle of your back, and can throw you off balance pretty easy.
This is the only one I use.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aftco-AFH-1-Maxforce-Harness-For-Fishing-/201969478829?epid=1500505024&hash=item2f0651acad:g:RSoAAOSwIjJZVRzp
Life is Good!

biggiesmalls

Thanks for the replies. That was the main thing I was worried about with that cheaper setup - the tiny plate.

I will probably buy an AFTCO bucket harness at some point. Daron, do you use a plate with yours?

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

boon

Buy once, buy right: Black Magic Equalizer.

The Aftco Maxforces are meant to be very good as well; I've never used one though.

Shark Hunter

The Black Magic is top of the line, but also the most expensive.
Last time I checked, the combo was $350.
Life is Good!