sealine 900h/910h

Started by alantani, February 07, 2009, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madday

Quote from: alantani on December 17, 2014, 04:54:54 PM
tim, welcome!!!!  i stll have a half dozen drag sets and they're $25 each, plenty of 5/0 grips, and i have a new stainless steel handle arm for the 600H and 900H for $10.  send me a pm with your address and i can mail it out with a paypal request.  thanks!  alan

Alan,
what is the length of your handle arm? same size for 600H and 900H?
thanks.... :)

Bryan Young

They are the same length except made they are stainless steel and I believe a little thicker.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

madday

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 07, 2015, 07:50:29 PM
They are the same length except made they are stainless steel and I believe a little thicker.

thanks for the clearing Bryan.... i wish it was little bit (half inch) longer....  ;D

tittilator

hi alan, I am a newbie, thank you for accepting me into your forum, I am looking forward to learning from here.
I have a Daiwa 910 I recently got from ebay, and I read that the drag is little weak sauce, I haven't tried it personally. I want to upgrade it, is it also necessary to do the
handle upgrade when you do the drag upgrade?

alantani

welcome!!!!

so, the drag set is easy!  i have about 20 left. i also have a very nice handle for the 900h, but not the 910.  you could compare part numbers off the schematic to see what it would take to convert the 910 into a 900, but it would be costly.  an alternative would be to shorten the 910h handle arm and bolt on a 5/0 grip.  a couple of guys have done that and it's looks nice.  i just think that the 910 handle arm is way overkill.  it's not hard to work on.  let me know how i can help!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mainbutter

I have an issue with my new handle. The bolt keeps coming loose during use! I am worried the handle will fall off during a fight.  I even loctited it but that did not help at all.  Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: mainbutter on March 09, 2015, 03:27:14 PM
I have an issue with my new handle. The bolt keeps coming loose during use! I am worried the handle will fall off during a fight.  I even loctited it but that did not help at all.  Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

Were you using blue loctite? Blue never hold for me either, I had to start using red and it holds very well now!

Shark Hunter

Do you have the set screw that keeps the handle nut from backing off?
Look at the first page of this thread and you will see what I'm talking about.
Life is Good!

alantani

i think it's the connection between the spindle and the arm.  if you can get a 10-32 machine screw with a hex head, then button it down tight, it should work.  i might have to switch to a hex head machine screw.   :-\

Rapchizzle

Using this thread and the drag kit and handle I got from Alan, I now have a super solid, #### kicking deep dropping reel on the cheap.  I'm very impressed in the 900h after these upgrades.

alantani

foakes

A lot of folks will not admit to owning these -- because we all like our Penns...

The externals and internals on these 900s -- are undervalued, as well as impressive.

The solid metal construction, solid 360 frame, use of high quality SS, durability, and simplicity of these old discontinued reels -- is amazing.

Adam is helping me with a couple of upgrades on a couple of 910 Rockcod Specials I have.

When you want "meat in the pot" -- these get the job done every time.

They are like a winch.

And what I like about them, is how cheap they are -- and easy to work on.

Just about equal size to a 9/0 -- and I hate to say it, possibly stronger, if set up with just a few little upgrades (drag stack, greased, and a handle upgrade).

I continue to be mystified why a good company like Daiwa, would make such a durable reel -- then discontinue production?

Here is one side by side with a Penn 9/0 that Daron gave me.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

crackerman

I absolutely love mine. It has Alan's drag stack and handle. I absolutely love how smooth the reel is. If someone made a stainless gearset and gear sleeve we would have a tremendously tough reel with the new inserts coming out!

Igor Peric

Custom drag from Alan....
and this is result with upgrade Daiwa 900 H  Dusky grouper or Cernus (Epinephelus marginatus)

My friend with nice grouper, Adriatic sea, Montenegro

foakes

Beautiful catch, Igor!

Possible contender for Photo of the Month, Alan?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.