sealine 900h/910h

Started by alantani, February 07, 2009, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Great Shot Igor! ;D What a Pig!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Nice fish, Igor. Thanks for posting.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Igor Peric

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Rapchizzle

First fish on my upgraded new to me 900h.  This thing didn't even think twice about cranking this Snowy up from 800'.  I was very surprised at how big the fish was when he came up from how easy it was to reel.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

madday

Quote from: foakes on April 08, 2015, 05:41:07 PM

I continue to be mystified why a good company like Daiwa, would make such a durable reel -- then discontinue production?

GOOD NEWS...

I was believed last year that daiwa will cease to make this reel in Japan, HOWEVER its still appear in daiwa's 2015 japanese catalog, so its still being made and sold... Unfortunately maybe only in Japan.... :D

Actually I just bought two of 900H recently, after more than satisfied with my 600H (4 pieces)... These reels is truly workhorse.... And cheap spare parts.... :D

I can't wait to upgrade them though..... ;D

Rancanfish

Quote from: Rapchizzle on April 26, 2015, 01:36:38 AM

First fish on my upgraded new to me 900h.  This thing didn't even think twice about cranking this Snowy up from 800'.  I was very surprised at how big the fish was when he came up from how easy it was to reel.

Yes but it twisted the eyes on your rod all up!   ;D  Hey what are the different colors on your spool?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

RowdyW

The different colors are on braided line & are dyed a different color about every 40-50 feet to help in counting depth of your bait. It comes in a wide choice of line weights.    RUDY

bluefish69

It's called Depth Counter by the makers.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Rancanfish

Ah, ok.  Just have never seen it in use.  At those depths I think I'd be going bigger Daiwas too.

bluefish69

I've fished to 400' using Mono & Braid for Cod & Pollock that was enough for me.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Rancanfish

I have absolutely no use for one of these.  I got rid of my 9/0 Penn that sat in my garage for ten years.

It's being delivered sometime next week.    ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDIT:  Oh my, I love this reel.  This is a weapons grade tool.  I was fortunate to pick this up cheap. I opened it up and it is pristine.  I was sensitive to even putting fingerprints on it!  I serviced the left side plate screws, and coated the lugs and plate with light grease.  It will never have corrosion in it's lifetime.

Hopefully Alan has an upgrade kit for this baby. I already have a big grip I won from Pete Kolekar at a fishing club drawing. I barely got the handle screw off with my Penn tool.

jonnou

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 18, 2015, 04:14:50 AM
I have absolutely no use for one of these.  I got rid of my 9/0 Penn that sat in my garage for ten years.

It's being delivered sometime next week.    ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDIT:  Oh my, I love this reel.  This is a weapons grade tool.  I was fortunate to pick this up cheap. I opened it up and it is pristine.  I was sensitive to even putting fingerprints on it!  I serviced the left side plate screws, and coated the lugs and plate with light grease.  It will never have corrosion in it's lifetime.

Hopefully Alan has an upgrade kit for this baby. I already have a big grip I won from Pete Kolekar at a fishing club drawing. I barely got the handle screw off with my Penn tool.

If Alan doesn't have a kit You should be able to order a new set of factory metal washers and use carbontex washers or cut your own from sheet and get it to five plus one. With thinner metals. it would probably take seven?

Rancanfish

Thanks for the info.   This reel's brand new inside and out. The main gear is shiny like a new penny.  I haven't even been able to bring myself to drill out the crank handle, it's just so nice.

I need a plinth lol.  

So a new set of factory washers isn't needed, correct. Unless the new ones are thinner?

EDIT: Duh finally noticed the metal washers are different thicknesses. So using a new factory kit gives you the extra, thin keyed, and extra eared washer. ( I think). Then use the fat keyed on top as needed.  I have a caliper tool now, but still can't do the math without knowing which new CF washers I'm using.

I'm hoping for a kit, but Alan is busy I'm guessing with his real regular life because he hasn't responded to my email.  Us regular Joes don't ever get as busy Alan is all the time, even on his days off from his real job. So I'm gonna shelve this project and come back to it later.