sealine 900h/910h

Started by alantani, February 07, 2009, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

Diawa in California. Those parts should be in stock.   800 736-4653      Rudy

cbar45

Quote from: NYIsles55 on June 16, 2016, 08:43:45 PM
Does anybody know where to get parts for the 900h? Specifically the harness lugs and the rod brace and lugs for that.

I recently ordered the same parts directly from Daiwa, as mentioned.

Give their parts department a call when you can; they've always been helpful.

Drongo

G'day  Alan, do you still have these drag kits? And could you send me one here in Australia?
Cheers

alantani

yes, but shipping is insane.  it's just the cost of postage, but it's still insane.  send me a pm with your address and phone number and i can get it send out to you.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

PA_Sharker

Hi,
I just acquired my first 900H.  It was missing a screw.  Can anyone tell me if one of the four set plate screws (on right side cover of reel) are longer than the other three?
Perhaps someone could give me a PN or a thread size/length so i could replace.  Thanks!

Rancanfish

Part #B15-9101  Set plate screw 'B'.

edit: Daiwa 562-375-6800 press #3.

There is one on the auction site for $5.99...........

Daiwa would be my first try.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

PA_Sharker

Thanks Rancanfish.  To confirm, this screw is different than the other 3 going through that plate?
What does this screw do? Obviously each component has a purpose, but is my reel functional for the immediate time being without it?

Thanks!

Rancanfish

My (incorrect) guess is (was) that it holds the anti-reverse lever.  If you turn your handle backward while in gear and it stops, I'm wrong.  

In that case you may be able to use it temporarily.  I'm sure Daiwa has it there for some reason.  8)

I have to go back to work or I would tear mine down and tell you what it does exactly.  I suspected it was to align the AR dog because it appears to only have threads on the end, looking at the schematic. WAG (wild azz guess).

EDIT:  I just had an 'aha' moment....If you go to the very first tutorial sticky in this (Daiwa) section, in an excellent photo thread by Alan T., scroll down and you will see exactly where it goes.

I was wrong about the dog. It sits on a threaded post. One of the (3) short screws holds it when the reel is assembled.

In any case, the screw you are missing holds the side plate to the set plate.  Any thanks deserved go to our fearless leader.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

pompano joe

Here's a Rock Cod Special I first built a couple of years ago.  Quickly changed hands from my son to a nearby charter captain, and target species from Shark to Grouper.  Capt. Josh liked it so much that I'm building him a boatload from the 400H's to these beasts.  This one has upgraded drag washers and bearings.  It's also been media blasted to a natural aluminum finish and clear coated.  I'll add an offset power handle and T-bar before it goes out.  Just had to have a pic with the "winch" handle. 
Pompano Joe

Tightlines667

Cool reel!

A custom job for a custom job.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ez2cdave

A while back I preserved this tutorial as a PDF file, which I had forgotten, unitl now !

Below is a PDF file of the DAIWA SEALINE 900H / 910H Tutorial for easy download . . . ENJOY !

Tight Lines !

OTR_ALLSTAR

Mr. Tani, are those Daiwa Sealine 900H 5+1 drag kits still available as well as the upgraded Kolekar grip?

alantani

Quote from: OTR_ALLSTAR on December 06, 2017, 03:10:40 AM
Mr. Tani, are those Daiwa Sealine 900H 5+1 drag kits still available as well as the upgraded Kolekar grip?

they are!  i will send a pm!

mitch27

Hi Alan I would like to buy one 910 drag kit. <Address has been removed to protect the innocent> I'm in no hurry. I have your  address . Just PM me with the total and I will put a check in the mail. Thanks mitch27    these drag kits work great!!!!

Mitch, I had modified your posting removing your contact information.  I had sent Alan a private message with your address.  Bryan

alantani

I'll send it out tomorrow !