sealine 900h/910h

Started by alantani, February 07, 2009, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmaraj1

ok , u just lost me whats a WINDER?   i have no clue what that is?

Bryan Young

Quote from: cmaraj1 on March 27, 2014, 05:21:08 PM
ok , u just lost me whats a WINDER?   i have no clue what that is?
It's a machine used to put line on your reel.  If you are putting on braided line (dyneema or spectra), it has to be consistently packed tight (min. 10# of drag).  Beside, putting on 1000 yards of line by hand is really an exercise that should only be reserved if you have a big, big, fish on the other end of the line.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

cmaraj1

ohh ok , i dont have a winder but will let a local shop install it for me,  i purchased 100lb 1000m  spectra extreme  from ebay....
and will top it with 100lb mono....

maine guide

I just picked up two 900h's. I need the washer set, the 6/0 handles and a wrench to remove the handle nut. Bryan are you still selling your 6/0 handles?

floating doc

Bryan's your source for these reels! ;D

He just serviced my 900H, installed the drag set and a Kolekar grip. It's headed for a shark trip the last week of May.
Central Florida

Bryan Young

Quote from: floating doc on April 25, 2014, 01:41:15 AM
Bryan's your source for these reels! ;D

He just serviced my 900H, installed the drag set and a Kolekar grip. It's headed for a shark trip the last week of May.
Thanks for the honor but Alan is the source for such parts.  Regarding the wrench, I use a Penn wrench but have to push down on it to it stays engage with the nut because the top of the nut fits but flair outward towards the handle.  Send Alan a PM.  He can get the parts to you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

cmaraj1

yes i also need a 900h wrench.... can anyone help???

alantani

i'm having a senior moment here.  it's actually been so long since i've worked on one, i can't remember, but i believe that my penn wrench works on the daiwa. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

cmaraj1

hey when alan greased these drags washers did he wipe off the excess?

alantani

you can, but i usually do not. 

Shark Hunter

I don't either on my Senators, It will get squeezed out and the washers will soak some of it up. I want to make sure there is plenty. ;)
Life is Good!

cmaraj1

ok cause when he greases avets he usual wipes off most of grease....

alantani

yup, that's the difference between star drag and lever drag.

cmaraj1

ohh ok i understand now... u learn so much from this site....
i want some of those drag washers for the 900h, how do i get them from you alan?

alantani

send a pm with your address and i will ship them out with a paypal request.  also take a look at the 5/0 grips.  they are a HUGE improvement over the stock grips.