WIDE TIBURON 14/0 and 16/0 SENATOR FRAME AND SPOOL KITS?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 23, 2017, 08:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Thanks Randy it gives us hope that the deal is still alive.

Mike

Benni3

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

MDC775

Count me in for 2 -16/0 Frame/Spool Kits. When funds are needed please send me a PM.  Thank You.

TongassFisher

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on December 23, 2017, 08:22:29 PM
I spoke with Tiburon about producing a very limited run of extra wide frame/spool kits for the Penn Senator 14/0 and 16/0, resulting, in effect, a 20/0 Senator.  They said that they would be willing to consider waiving their usual minimum 50 unit run requirement and produce a run of 20 kits. 

I am going to deliver a reel to them on my next trip to LA so that they can do the engineering and deliver a quote, but I anticipate that these kits will be pricey.  My best guess is that they will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $400-500 plus shipping, which I realize is a ridiculous amount to spend, but I am a ridiculous guy when it comes to something special, so I am in for one, assuming that my estimated price is in the ballpark, if I can find 19 other equally ridiculous reel nuts out there. 

If you started with a nice $300 14/0, you would only be into the complete reel for less than $800, and you could sell your old spool for $100-150, leaving you with a net cost of less than $700 for a very impressive and rare reel, one of twenty.

Please let me know if you might be interested and want me to add you to the mailing list for this proposal.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy, do you have any 14/0s for $300?

Trevor