cedros sportfishing - date changed to september 3-7, 2018

Started by alantani, January 27, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

September of 2017 was good...

https://cedrosoutdooradventures.com/fishing-report-september-13-2017-cedros-outdoor-adventures/

I think the 3-7 week of Sept would work for me.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

ldoret94

June would be better for me, but I think I can make the week of 3-7 Sept work.

Pete

alantani

ok, i had a good talk with rosie.  i went ahead and sent in a check for the september 3rd through the 7th, 2018.  the water at cedros will be warmer then and yellowtail will not be a problem.  well, it's still fishing, so anything is possible, but it's much better than june.  now, before we start talking this trip up, there is one downside that has to be mentioned first.  because we are all on the same small plane, weight is an issue.  we will be limited to 35 pounds of fish on the return.  this is not a "we're gonna fill the freezer" kind of trip.  there may be a possibility that we can increase that a little, but no one will be filling the 100 quart coolers. 

ok, with that out of the way, let's start going through stuff:

dates - september 3rd through the 7th, 2018.  i will be at that same flea-bitten vagabond hotel the day before, dinner at miguel's coccina, drinks (in moderation! ;D) at my room afterwards!

charter operator - http://www.cedrossportfishing.com/  go through the website and read everything.  it should answer all of your questions.  there is alot of information there!

cost - there is room for six of us at $1875 each.  yes, you read that right, it's $1875, not $2250.  figure a $300 tip and that's your total cost.  because not everybody fishes the afternoon of the first day, that afternoon's trip is $150 per panga, three guys to a boat at $50 each. alcohol is extra and i'm not sure if they mind or even if we can bring our own. 

payments - rosie will be handling the money, not me.  i just sent in a check for $1875, so i am paid in full.  we have room for five more guys.  if you want to go, just post here and say "in!" and then please send a check right away.  please send the full amount to rosie directly.  she is at 5663 Balboa Ave #493, San Diego, CA 92111 and her cell # is 619-772-7570 you need to call. 

there is ton's more to go through, but that's enough for now.  post here if you make it.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ldoret94

Wally15

I'm in! Checks in the mail.  ;D
I'll be arriving about 4:30 PM on the 2nd. Flt DL 2702. Departing at 2:20 PM on the 7th.
Anybody want to share a room at the Vagabond?
Mike Pate
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

sure, i'll split a room with you.  i can pick you up at the airport as well.  ok, so me, mike and peter so far.  need three more!

Wally15

Quote from: ldoret94 on February 06, 2018, 12:52:34 AM
I'm also in for a panga on the first day.
I'll do a half day panga on day 1. That's an extra $50 each plus 20% tip, correct?
And I understand we are supposed to tip the panga captains daily, so I should tip about $20 per full day?
In US dollars?
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

not sure on the tipping situation.  i would think we could take care of that all at once, though if you want to tip your panga guy a little extra on any given day, that should be fine.  i was more concerned about whether we could bring our own tequila or not.  i've grown to be quite particular in the last few years about my tequila!   ;D

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on February 06, 2018, 01:21:51 AM
not sure on the tipping situation.  i would think we could take care of that all at once, though if you want to tip your panga guy a little extra on any given day, that should be fine.  i was more concerned about whether we could bring our own tequila or not.  i've grown to be quite particular in the last few years about my tequila!   ;D
Wasn't it the Don Julio that was so good on our Dec PVR trip? I'm particular as well. It must be in a liquid state.
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

alantani

Quote from: Hardy Boy on February 05, 2018, 05:26:09 PM
Sept sounds great and much better .................................. I'm in.

Cheers:

Todd

oops, missed todd!  so me, mike, peter and todd.  need two more!  mark?  rich?

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani