cedros sportfishing - date changed to september 3-7, 2018

Started by alantani, January 27, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldoret94

I know the Vagabond and Miguel's is the normal meeting/dinner spot.  I just checked on the Vagabond Inn website and it's $159.00 for the night of 2 September and $89.00 for the night of 8 October (before the eight day on SOA).  I checked some spots further south, near CBX and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites : San Diego Otay Mesa 2296 Niels Bohr Court,  San Diego, California  92154 is also $159.00 for the night of 2 September and about 23 miles closer to CBX.  Just throwing it out there for consideration, however I'll go wherever the group decides works best for all.

Pete  

Hardy Boy

I don't know San Diego. Alan said I could bunk in his room but I have no preference in where it is. I wonder if ear plugs are going to be needed ????? I snore a little and a little more if beverages are involved and they usually are > ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

MarkT

I'm just going to get up early and drive down to the CBX on Labor day.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

Sep 2nd is probably going to be expensive everywhere. The 3rd is Labor Day. I'll stay anywhere. Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

scrinch

Quote from: MarkT on February 09, 2018, 07:43:21 PM
I'm just going to get up early and drive down to the CBX on Labor day.
I'm probably going to do that too...from my brother's house in Temecula.

ldoret94

Quote from: MarkT on February 07, 2018, 06:49:59 PM
Yes, Rapalas work great!  I'm bringing a couple x-rap magnums.  Just about anything works when they want to play.  I'll bring some surface and yoyo irons. I use 8/0 EC circle hooks for the Mac's we make for bait.

Mark,

What size and colors of x-rap magnums do you recommend?

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ldoret94

scrinch

Got my invoice from Rosie today. All paid up and ready to go.

Just have 6 and a half months to wait and get geared up now!

alantani

i'll get an email off to rosie pretty soon, or just talk to her at the fred hall show, and figure out the best place to stay. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hardy Boy

Say hi to Rosie ! The show is this weekend is it not? She has been a dream to deal with. I'm looking forward to this trip. Just ordered a couple of xrap 40's just because I didn't have any and ........................ why not......................... what's more gear.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

ldoret94

I've got two xrap 30's and two 20's ordered as well.

Wally15

Quote from: Hardy Boy on February 26, 2018, 10:50:01 PM
I'm looking forward to this trip. Just ordered a couple of xrap 40's just because I didn't have any and ........................ why not......................... what's more gear.

Cheers:

Todd
Are you guys planning on doing a lot of trolling out of the pangas? I originally thought you were talking "cast and retrieve" when discussing X-rap 20 and 30's. No way is anybody doing a c&r on a 40. I've never done this type fishing before and have no idea what works. At my age flylining a cabbie is about all the exercise I want except for reeling in fish. And tequila arm curls.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

not sure.  i figure they'll tell us what works best when we get there. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hardy Boy

Wally15: When I was talking to Rosie she mentioned that trolling rapalas can be very effective at times and she recommended to bring some down. I think its another option depending on conditions, fish species and bait situation. I like live bait fishing and jigging but I don't mind some trolling as you never know what might wack a rapala.................... its easier to drink  a beer while trolling. Always good to have options.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd