My "New" project boat !!!

Started by Carl L, February 10, 2018, 01:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Very, very cool Carl! Looks like your in to a bit of everything. And with some serious talent too!!

Been an  Extra Class license holder for more years than I can remember.

Had a contest station set up on 3 acres. 3 towers up to 110 ft and numerous stacked yagi's, 10 thru 40 meters and phased verticals on 80 and 160. I'd be willing to bet my yard has at least 50 miles of copper wire buried around it. I still operate CW when I get a chance but all the towers are gone. Just got to old to maintain them.

Great work on the boat project and others. Yup, the ethanol is a real problem. Some boat manufactures have gone to Poly tanks.

Good luck!

73's and all the best from Lou,   ...   KS1L

thorhammer

looks like you are the right guy to bring that Bayliner better than original.

steelfish

absolut wonderful work

looking forward your advances on your boat project.

and I felt like a pro for just painting the old fishing rods when restoring them  ::) ::)  ;D
The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Wow Carl,
You Have some serious skills!
The biggest Project Car I ever attempted is still in my Garage.
I just can't find the time.

Life is Good!

Carl L

It looks like you're almost there !!

Shark Hunter

Carl,
I started this Kit Car with my Father.
He left this World probably 10 years ago.
I can't bring myself to work on it again.
I can't get past the Mental Block of Him and Me taking its first ride.
When I get past that, I will finish it, But I don't think it is in me any longer.
This Kit was made by a Company called the Jurassic Truck Corporation.
They were based out of Fort Worth.
They have long went under.
Turn Key, This Truck will have no problem selling.
I just need to get past it.
I have 24K invested. I would sell it for 10 at the drop of a hat.
All that is left is some wiring and gearing.
Maybe someday, I will finish what My father and me started.
I would rather just sell it for a loss and keep that Memory alive.
Life is Good!

ReelFishingProblems

Daron,
That's an awesome rig. Much cleaner than the HMMWV's i've spent countless hours hanging parts on!
I would have to imagine your dad was extending his legacy through you. It's painful, but he would want to see what you built together completed. He'll always be a part of it, as he is a part of you. His sweat equity is tangibly represented in that machine.
One day I bet we'll see that finished with a small selection of your monster catchers next to it.

Wish you the best,
Nick

swill88

Daron, that is a moving story. Where do you keep the car?
I have a couple small projects, antique restorations, I worked on with my Dad that I can't finish.
We were in it for about zero dollars but the feeling is still strong.  It's been 17 years.
Steve

Swami805

My dad was an artist and avid gardener. I have all his brushes and his favorite trowel. Never use them but keep them where I can see them everyday. Been almost 20 years now. Still miss him.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

It will be there when I'm ready. ;)
It sits in My Garage Steve.
Sorry to Hijack your thread Carl.
For now, it is a $24 K Kayak Rack. ;D
Life is Good!

Big Tim

Awesome Daron, your Dad will be so proud when you finish it.

Tim

Dominick

Daron think about your Dad's wishes and get moving on the project.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bhale1

Daron,
"For now it's a 24 K kayak rack"
That one brought a smile to my face!!!
Brett

Shark Hunter

Gentleman,
I thank you for the kind words and sympathy.
You only have one Dad.
I will make him proud, like I always tried to.
He had a new respect for me after joining the Navy and being Honorably Discharged.
He just left too soon, He was only 62.
There is not a day that goes by that he is not in my thoughts or Dreams.
Enough of my Blubbering, lets see that Boat Carl. ;)
Life is Good!

Carl L

So, I woke up, went to the auto parts and picked up a load, then back to the shop; and noticed (what a nice day it is - much too nice to work).... Hmmmm.... must go fishing !!! Bought some lures, a subway sandwich, and off I went... Hit the San Jacinto river, then lake livingston, and then home with a stop at the mailbox... I have been fishing with a daiwa 7450 hrl since about 1979 that my dad bought new, and although not rare, I found another nice one on Ebay, and it was in the mailbox along with the crank that Daron procured for me !!! THANKS DARON !!   This thing is Great !!!   P.S.  Now to finish a perfect day, I'm gonna take a nap !!    See ya .......