what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

Great save on the knot,,,,, ;) it's always important,,,,,, ;D

oc1

I was counting along with you and started getting really nervous before reaching 20 seconds.  Nice trick.
-steve

alantani

haven't worked on one of these for a long time.  had a single speed reel with lots of missing parts that i could not service, but this two speed reel cam in fully functional.  just did the standard clean up and bearing service.  the drag washers are an unknown red material, i was thinking kevlar, and were not fiddled with.  happily, the drags were smooth!!!!  i repacked the 300 yards of 80 pound braid, added a 100 yard topshot of 60 pound mono and actually got a reasonable drag curve.  the maximim drag i could get at strike was 15 pounds before i lost freespool, but that gave me a corresponding 30 pounds at full, so i marked the 15, 20 and 30 pound positions.  not bad!

alantani

this actually worked out better than i thought it would.  i hotrodded a set of shimanos - the tld 5, tld 10, tld 15 and triton (aka tld star 20/40).  the tld 5 took a perfect 300 yards of 50 pound jb solid braid and a 25 yard topshot of 30 pound mono, the tld 10 took 300 yards of 65 pound jb solid braid and 25 yards of 30 pound mono, the tld 15 took 320 yards of 80 pound jb solid and a 30 yard topshot of 40 pound mono, and the tld star took 340 yards of 80 pound jb hollow and a 30 yard topshot of 40 pound mono.  the owner, mike b., is cousins with a guy that i went to grade school with back in fresno.  it was interesting to hook up after all these years!  they easily could have been configured as 20, 30, 40 and 50 pound rigs, but 30, 30, 40 and 40 will give the cousins two rigs each.  i'll fill in the gaps for them later when their trip gets close.  they want to chase bluefin in san diego!

alantani

another avet......   :-\

alantani

Alto Mare

Excellent job as usual Boss!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

I'm a big guy but couldn't imagine fishing with 60lbs of drag unless it was in the rod holder.

alantani

Quote from: conchydong on September 30, 2019, 12:30:55 AM
I'm a big guy but couldn't imagine fishing with 60lbs of drag unless it was in the rod holder.

using the rail, it is amazingly easy!!!!!

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

alantani

working on a two speed ambassadeur 6500 C3. the guy that designed this reel must have been high at the time. the parts shown here are in order. if you have one in pieces, this might help to put it back together. the parts are still in order on my bench right now. gotta replace the leather drag washers with greased carbon fiber and we'll be good to go.

alantani

close ups!