Another Custom knob

Started by 54bullseye, July 12, 2018, 01:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey John, when are you gonna let Rollie know there's more fisherman in the sea waiting for his work?
He does some fine work to say the least.
Lou, I don't believe you know the words, "Give up." I believe if anyone can come close to perfect it's you!
Thanks for showing what can be done
Dom

54bullseye

Thanks for the praise guys !!! I have told Rollie that I could keep him busy making handles / Socket wrenches for Penn nuts and other parts for this this board full time but he is mid seventies and pretty well off and busier than he wants to be now !! He really likes creating new stuff like the handles and when I brought him Lou's Acrylic his eyes lit up !! Lol !!! He has also made me some impossible to find ferrules and nuts for vintage rods that came out great.  Again thanks for looking !!        John Taylor

PS I will post pics of the finish product when done !!

Swami805

Those end caps set an already incredible handle off beautifully. Just when it looked like it couldn't get better it did!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

xjchad

Quote from: Swami805 on September 03, 2018, 02:35:56 AM
Those end caps set an already incredible handle off beautifully. Just when it looked like it couldn't get better it did!

X2!  8)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

The Great Maudu

Great looking stuff. Rollie is a wizard.

STRIPER LOU

John, if your at these again, check in with me and see what I have in my box. In addition to saving every scrap, I also buy short ends from my supplier whenever he has them.

The only problem is they're not much larger then the ones I sent you. I use them for inlays so nothing gets wasted.

Again, I'm loving Rollies work and amazed by the collection you have amassed!!          Lou

David Hall

I gotta say that red and black really pops, but I like the original better, it has an old school industrial look to it and I like that.  Either way it's an amazing handle knob.  Rollie has some serious skills.  I'd bet hanging out with him would be a lot of fun.

54bullseye

Quote from: David Hall on September 04, 2018, 12:34:51 AM
I gotta say that red and black really pops, but I like the original better, it has an old school industrial look to it and I like that.  Either way it's an amazing handle knob.  Rollie has some serious skills.  I'd bet hanging out with him would be a lot of fun.
[/quote

His shop is a really nice one room addition to the back of his 2 car garage. It is big though maybe 40' X 35' but it is packed with machines !!! The whole back wall is windows and work bench over looking a big hay field maybe 25 acres. He has plants in most windows so it is a beautiful work area !! Every where you look there is cool stuff he has made and every time I go there it's 2 hours plus of shooting the S--T !!!  Never had a short visit yet Lol !!!!!! He is a cool and very talented guy.  And David I also like the first knob for it's industrial, rugged look but the red sure looks neat as well.       John Taylor

droppedit

I think it is only a matter of time before John has Rollie making guides for him. You really can't fully appreciate Rollies work unless you can pick it up and look at it close. Flawless! I do like the red though.

Dave

Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com