Unusual Penn handle

Started by nelz, October 28, 2018, 03:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

I have never seen a Penn handle like this one before. Is it an oddity or have I just not come across one? The "B" marking is what really has me wondering most. Also I find the knob color a bit odd as well.

Maxed Out

It's commonly found on blades from early 1950's

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

nelz

Quote from: Maxed Out on October 28, 2018, 03:35:40 AMIt's commonly found on blades from early 1950's
Ted

Thank you sir.  ;D

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

nelz

Quote from: Gfish on October 28, 2018, 06:19:30 AMWhat'ed it come offa?

It was for sale by itself, no reel attached.

mike1010

I've got a similar handle from my Dad's 200, which was new in '53 or maybe a little earlier.  One arm of the blade is marked with a backwards "S" (for Surfmaster?), the other "2 + 60."  It also has the cool, butterscotch torpedo knob.

--Mike

Gfish

Pix not visible on my end Mike. Could be just me.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

nelz

Quote from: Gfish on October 28, 2018, 06:19:30 AMWhat'ed it come offa?

Also, hard to see in the photo, it has a "24-155" stamping. That part number could be for multiple models.

Swami805

Looks like 24-60 to me. Must be like seeing "Joe" in that handle knob,just depends who's looking at it.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

sdlehr

Click here for a previous thread
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mike1010

Quote from: Gfish on October 29, 2018, 09:42:23 PM

Hmm.  I can see the images, and DropBox says the link is public.  Anyone else having problems?

Maxed Out

Yes Mike, I see your pics.... The 24-60 was only a part number for very short duration around 1950......after that it was changed to 24-155

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

JoseCuervo

Quote from: mike1010 on October 31, 2018, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: Gfish on October 29, 2018, 09:42:23 PM

Hmm.  I can see the images, and DropBox says the link is public.  Anyone else having problems?

I don't see them-