1st project, pimping out my Senator

Started by milne, April 21, 2019, 04:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

If you want better free spool clean the grease out of the bearings and use some tsi321 or similar light oil. That should help greatly
Do what you can with that you have where you are

RowdyW

Also clean the grease out of the gear sleeve and spool shaft and oil with TSI 321. Also polish the inside of the pinion gear & the spool shaft. By oiling everything it will have to be serviced more often as the oil will not last as long as the grease but that is the sacrifice for more freespool.        Rudy

thorhammer

That's where I was going. You clearly have the service / build part down pat, so pulling screws off left side plate to squirt some oil in your open bearings every so often is easy-peasy- (bushing Penn's have a handy oiler port for that). Note, even so your free spool may differ from the chrome spool due to inertia of the extra mass. But it will be smooth as butta.

Addiction is right. If Tom comes out with 6/0 plates I will need to take out a second mortgage. I want to say it was Gobi King that built that sweet 6/0 but may be wrong.

John

RowdyW

Quote from: thorhammer on June 19, 2019, 02:25:44 PM

Addiction is right. If Tom comes out with 6/0 plates I will need to take out a second mortgage. I want to say it was Gobi King that built that sweet 6/0 but may be wrong.

John
[/quoteJohn, I guess we will have to start forming our lines at the mortgage company.  ;D ;D Rudy

milne

Thanks Guys,  The beauty of this first one is to play with around with it and see what sort of results I get, then I'll have a clear idea how to set up
                     the next two. The oiling and open bearing idea, sounds like the go, I have no problem having to service them more regularly, gee, that's
                     therapy, plus a great learning curve...

Col