east coast ..rhode island fluke

Started by joe k, June 06, 2019, 01:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe k

finally starting to show up..only gone to get better..7.13 on 710 greenie ..jigging 11/2 oz spro with fluke bellie strip..another 7.02

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

Decker

One of each size there!  Nice work, Joe. 

I've never used fluke belly.  Sea-robin strips often work well, and the skin is so tough that it stays on forever.

/Joe-PA

thorhammer

Awesome! I do well on bluefish belly too. The guys down here in NC also tip Spro with white Gulp shrimp.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

excellent fish right there.

one of my favorites fish on the table
The Baja Guy

conchydong

Pretty work. Flat fish around the world all seem to be excellent table fare.

kmstorm64

Great news, my-brother in law fishes RI, he is a fireman in Providence.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Alto Mare

Good eating right there!...nice job Joe!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Fishy247

Benni3

Those are some very big pancakes,,,,, :D great job,,,,,,, ;D

wascallywabit

Great catch! Some very nice fluke there.

Just some general information here. In NJ, and I'm sure in most other mid Atlantic states, an official "doormat" fluke is one over 10lbs. Usually well over 30".

And there are days when fluke belly fished alone ,or tipped behind a jig, will out fish anything period. Especially for big fish.

Check your regs before slicing up any flatties for bait. ;)

oc1

When I was in the Southeast the go-to bait was a big feisty mud minnow (Fundulus sp.) worked around the edges of the oyster reefs.
-steve

conchydong

Quote from: oc1 on June 07, 2019, 07:56:45 PM
When I was in the Southeast the go-to bait was a big feisty mud minnow (Fundulus sp.) worked around the edges of the oyster reefs.
-steve

Great bait. I also have used finger Mullet successfully for the Florida Flounder which are aggressive but a lot smaller than Joe's Flukes.