earthquake in California, are my ohana bros ok?

Started by steelfish, July 06, 2019, 04:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

A 7.1 earthquake rocked Southern California on Friday night. Multiple fires broke out after it struck 11 miles northeast of the city of Ridgecrest.

a 7.1 earthquake is a really strong one, I live in a earthquake zone so I know them

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/california-earthquake-intl/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/05/us/california-earthquake/index.html

The Baja Guy

RowdyW

The earthquake happened during the Dodgers game & the foul poles were shaking. They played on.      Rudy

Crow

I think there was one on the 4th, too, wasn't there?
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

RowdyW

Swami805

We felt it here in santa  barbara but not the one on the 4th. It shook here for about a minute or so. A buddy called from the landing in San Diego and they felt it down there too
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on July 06, 2019, 05:43:17 PM
We felt it here in santa  barbara but not the one on the 4th. It shook here for about a minute or so. A buddy called from the landing in San Diego and they felt it down there too

I know you were kind of close to that big one, glad you are ok compadre

The Baja Guy

Fishy247

Apparently it was felt all the way to Sacramento and Las Vegas! I didn't notice anything in Santa Cruz though.

Brewcrafter

Definitely felt it in the Inland Empire (Riverside).  To any of the Ohana that don't live or are not familiar with the area, the whole "Southern California" thing is a bit of a misnomer.  Technically, yes, it's SoCal.  But it's a big state.  The area feeling the most effects right now is the High Desert, and while my heart goes out to the people up there, the major urban centers and infrastructure of SoCal are separated from this by a mountain range and the San Andreas Fault.  Thankfully it appears no lives have been lost, and it definitely serves as a reminder that I spent this morning making sure wall anchors were secure, hit the wrench I have hanging on the gas meter with some WD40 to keep the rust away, and survival supplies are still "in date" and not just a bunch of bulging expired cans...

PacRat

Has anyone heard from Fred?  Fred, please let us know you're okay when you can. Knowing Fred, he's likely out helping his neighbors.

Brendan

The duration of both was pretty impressive. All is well in Capo Beach.
Brendan.

El Pescador

Mark Mayo!!!!

You are AOK????

You are not far from Ridgecreast.

Let us know,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Bill B

Felt last nights quake up here in Crestline. Not very violent but a long rocking motion up here on the mountain. Fred is definitely closer, northwest of Ridgecrest.  No damage at my house.  The wife and I were living in Northridge for that one, and it was a real wild ride.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

MarkT

I think the worst I ever felt was the Landers/Big Bear quakes.  I was up by Lake Arrowhead (5 Points) and it really rocked and rolled. It was worse than the Northridge quake.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

I didn't feel anything.  But then again I had a half empty bottle of zin in front of me.  Maybe that's why I didn't feel anything.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Dominic, if you drink the other half in a hurry, you will possibly feel the after shock, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat