Smokin' 501

Started by Jeffro, July 24, 2019, 10:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffro

Thought I'd share a recent project... a Pro Challenger 501.  Purchased as a scratch n dent, decided to give an anodizer who specializes in paint ball guns the opportunity to do something different.
Effect is intended to resemble gray smoke on black with reverse on spool and handle.  Internally, it sports all stainless, double dogs and a Bryan Young 5-stack.  Kudos to Alan C for helping me out with this one!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

Holy crap, that's bad to the bone! Needs a Sal knob!

Rivverrat

That some pretty anodizing. Looks fantastic... Jeff

Maxed Out

That should be against the law.....and who's gonna pay to have my jaw reattached  ;)

I dub this 501 "The gunslinger"

....and dont let Alan C see this or he'll charge extra for his blemished reels !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

WOW!!
Congrats...that's smokin'! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Ron Jones

That is pretty wild. I hope the anodizing holds up to saltwater.
Very well done.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

oldmanjoe

That is one nice looking reel..    I second that it needs a Sal knob !
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Alto Mare

There are a lot of nice reels on our site, but this one stands alone...It looks amazing!
Maybe we'll talk, I might have a non anodized kit and I also have Ted's blanks.
Very nice job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

happyhooker

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

RowdyW

That's a real beauty. Is the design put over the original anodizing?      Rudy

Jeffro

Thanks for all the positive feedback.  Rework was totally unnecessary but sometimes modding is a close second to fishing... at least around here!

Quote from: RowdyW on July 25, 2019, 01:17:01 AM
That's a real beauty. Is the design put over the original anodizing?      Rudy

Original anodizing had to be stripped.  I had my concerns but turned out fine as it functions beautifully.  Alan C provided me with some replacement click spring posts as they were not really removable but had to come out being brass.  Alan says new versions have screw-in posts.

Caranx

That's an awesome job!!👍🏼

Bill B

That's a home run brother...almost too pretty to fish...but that wouldn't stop me from fishing it...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!