Alex Customs rods, What's coming off the Lathe !

Started by steelfish, September 09, 2019, 07:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Instead of making a new thread for every rod repaired, restored or built by your truly, I will post in this thread some fishing rod jobs that I think worth to share, Im not a professional on rod building and still have a lot to learn I actually learn a trick or two on every rod, my work is focus on doing a straight and clean work than making fancy wraps, thats keeps my time reduced and keep the rod building "hobby" still fun, cheaper and with some imagination you can do some attractive guide wrapping and still have a rods 3x beautiful than factory, at the beginning I didnt put my signature on the rods because they dont worth to compare versus the rods built by the pro guys but I was pushed by the owners of the rods to put my signature cuz they loved the finished work.

These next are some of my last rebuild jobs, this are a pair of Shimano Terez rods with pretty bad boat rash and nicks on the paint, they were repainted and rebuilt under a theme, superman colors and mexican flag colors

The Baja Guy

steelfish

continue
The Baja Guy

alantani

Let me know when you are ready for your own board!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

few more
The Baja Guy

steelfish

last pics from this set
The Baja Guy

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

swill88

Newell Nut

Alex,

You are progressing well and have a good eye for color combos. We all have a style that defines us at some point. I know you are having fun since your rods talk. ;D

Dwight

scrinch

Keta

Quote from: alantani on September 09, 2019, 08:06:07 PM
Let me know when you are ready for your own board!

I'd say he is now Alan.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

droppedit

Nice job on the finish! I'd say you have it down to a science and I love how there is no build-up around the guide feet. Your workmanship is professional and I'm with Alan, you need your own board.

Dave

Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Alto Mare

His own board would be nice... good job Alex 👍
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Looking good compa Alex, you've got it down!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

RowdyW

You're doing fine work Alex. Accept Alan's offer for your own board. I always look forward to seeing your latest creations.        Rudy

happyhooker

A-1.  You better sign off on that stuff; it's too nice to go anonymous.

Frank